Port of Miami question

doubledub

Is there a store to buy soda and water near the port of Miami?

Thanks!

No, not at the port. Maybe on the way there, you can stop and pick up some. When we were on a b2b, we asked and were told it was about a $10 cab ride from the port to a shopping area.

$10+ cab will get you to a CVS with a limited wine selection; another $10+ cab will get you back to your ship.

As mentioned above, you are better off letting your cab driver know what you want on the way from MIA -- he will know where to stop (Publix supermarkets have a good wine selection ;)); by making a detour/stop you are off the $24 flat rate fare and onto the meter, so shop fast! :eek:

Good luck! :)

We fly in a day early and we have just started renting a car for that very reason. The cost was less than $40. We pick it up at the airport and drop it off near the port and they give you ride to the port. Before we drop the car off we take our luggage to the ship.

We took SAS, and after reading everyones comments on here, I asked the driver to stop at a drug store for some last minute items, and he said no.:mad::mad: However, he told me when we got to the port, he would point out a place, that was about a 2-3 minute walk. He said alot of the crew members bought their things there, when back in port. We got there, and he did point it out, however, I decided against it, and just bought it in the gift shop. But it sounds like you DO have an option. :D

To piggy back

Is there somewhere near the port to rent a car

To zip around Miami then turn in at the airport that evening for our flight?

Hertz Downtown Miami on 2nd Avenue/Street. Also does one way rentals to Orlando for no drop off/one way fee. Used them twice before with pickup or drop off shuttle to the pier for no extra charge.

This time I'm using SAS (again) from FLL to POM. I can't recommend these guys enough!!!

To piggy back

Is there somewhere near the port to rent a car

To zip around Miami then turn in at the airport that evening for our flight?

There is also a Budget Rental Car office about 2 miles from the port....we are renting from them in December

We used QLS shuttle from FLL to POM. When the driver got near the POM area, he asked everyone in our shuttle if they needed to stop at the store. None of the passengers on our shuttle needed to stop, but I thought is was very nice that HE offered to do so. Another poster on these boards also mentioned that their QLS driver also asked about a quick store stop. So not sure it it's the norm but we had such great service with them that we will always use QLS in the future. It was a very nice gesture that could have saved time and $ for those on the shuttle --- I'm quite sure it wouldn't have hurt him in the way of tips either.

:)

Archived