How does kids club work with main seating?

eskiemomo

Next week is our toddler's first time eligible for kids club on a Disney cruise...how does the meal time for main seating? I can only find info for late seating.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

They can eat with you or they can eat with the kids club.

What you have seen on late is dine and play where as late sitting is less popular with families with young kids they serve the young kids quickly and at 9.15pm take them to the kids club.

This isnt a service on main but you can collect your children before the kids club goes to dinner and drop them off after your dinner.

The info you are seeing is probably the "Dine and Play" program where the YAC come to the dining room during late seating to check in the kids there.

On main seating, you can have the kids checked in at the Oceaneer's Club or Lab during THEIR meal time (may be different than your time!) and they will be offered food. What most people do is to take the kids to the dining room and tell the server that you'd like to expedite the kid service. Then, when they have finished eating and you are between courses, you excuse yourself and take them to the programming. You can do this and return to the dining room within about 5 minutes. Parents did it for years at both dining times before "Dine and Play" started.

Next week is our toddler's first time eligible for kids club on a Disney cruise...how does the meal time for main seating? I can only find info for late seating.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Main seating you are "on your own" . You can take your kid to the club after they finish their meal.

The servers still serve the kids quicker than the adults. I think we were normally able to take Jack to the club before or just as our main dish came out - so that we were still able to "eat in peace" without torturing our son with an hour plus dinner

I like my kids on main. We tried second once and it was awful.

Its a dealbreaker for me and why I book early I want to eat with my family at 6pm, and without it I wouldn't book.

I wouldn't say second is awful but its not for young kids.

I like time for my food to go down before going to bed so Dinner >> Show is best.

Thank you for the above post. I was just thinking that it might be helpful if we told OP WHY we love or hate one time or the other.

For instance, if you are cruising out of Florida but live on the west coast, it works better to do late dinner...at least for some families. It keeps the kids more on their "at home" schedule. On the other hand, late with late dinner, we find it necessary to do a "healthy snack" in the late afternoon as there is no way we last from noonish to 8:15/8:30 (the time does vary; on our August cruise it was 8:30). Frankly, as my daughter is now older, we prefer the quieter, less rushed dining room of late seating.

Some families find the kids behave better on main seating and the relax time before bedtime is nice.

I'm sure others have additional reasons why one or the other time works better for their family.

True! We live on the east coast. Normal dinner time for us is 6ish - so early keeps us closer to that schedule. Our 4 year old was a beast on second seating - he was just tired! I thought with being up later he would sleep later - nope! We get up fairly early normally - and we don't go to bed late either.

With early we keep to our normal schedule - he is happier, more pleasant. After dinner he has some time to play in the club if he wants - instead of rushing to bed. It works better and we eat less (no afternoon snack to hold us til 8!)

My daughter(13) prefers early too, as she is allowed to her club after dinner - and she gets more time that way.

Thank you for the above post. I was just thinking that it might be helpful if we told OP WHY we love or hate one time or the other.

For instance' date=' if you are cruising out of Florida but live on the west coast, it works better to do late dinner...at least for some families. It keeps the kids more on their "at home" schedule. On the other hand, late with late dinner, we find it necessary to do a "healthy snack" in the late afternoon as there is no way we last from noonish to 8:15/8:30 (the time does vary; on our August cruise it was 8:30). Frankly, as my daughter is now older, we prefer the quieter, less rushed dining room of late seating.

Some families find the kids behave better on main seating and the relax time before bedtime is nice.

I'm sure others have additional reasons why one or the other time works better for their family.[/quote']

Thank you

Personally, i do not agree with the time zone theroy, and for us we cross a lot of time zones.

In Alaska our normal dinner UK time = 3am.

In Florida our normal dinner time = 11pm.

I finds with the sun most peoples body clocks move quickly, and you actually reset your body clock by having meals and getting up in the sun.

So if you are up and have breakfast at say 8am, then lunch and dinner swap over quickly and there on your stomach time not home time, so the hours you normally have between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner is the same on a cruise.

If you go to Cabanas for lunch at 12 or 1pm, then you will be hungry at 6pm.

If you eat later at home ie 8pm then late dinner is for you.

Kids body clocks swap over very quickly, up with the sun and so there on there normal meal schedule quickly,

They cant get up for breakfast on the cruise at 8am, and then do the pools, have lunch at 12.30pm, and then go back to their home time and have dinner at 8pm, a seven hour gap!!!

So I do not personally subscribe to that theory, but I know a few do.

I have seen a few meltdowns with young kids on late so rather passionate about it, and also kids who just had to much fun and fall asleep at 8pm and dad carries the kid back to the room so his dinner is lost and the child didn't eat, but the kids is up at 3am!! and hungry. Ahhh well there is room service.

Late dinner 'can 'work for adults only and for teenagers if you normally eat later at home in local time you eat 7pm/8pm.

Archived