How's This for Customer Service?

Lovefuninthesun

When checking Carnival Fare Viewer last night at 8:45 pm I found a fare reduction. (yay!)

I completed the ES price reduction form online and submitted it. I figured processing would take a couple of days as it usually does. I saved a screen shot just in case.

At 9:28 I got my confirmation email from Carnival with my new rate on it and a posting of the OBC.

Less than 45"! Wow! I was really impressed with carnival!:)

Good for you, I understand where your coming from. Good customer service unfortunately is not what it used to be. Getting prompt service is very nice.

And... As a side note why do certain posters need to insert a jab whenever they can. Jeesh!

Have a wonderful cruise : )

When checking Carnival Fare Viewer last night at 8:45 pm I found a fare reduction. (yay!)

I completed the ES price reduction form online and submitted it. I figured processing would take a couple of days as it usually does. I saved a screen shot just in case.

At 9:28 I got my confirmation email from Carnival with my new rate on it and a posting of the OBC.

CONGRATS!

I agree 45 min is quick, but there really is not a big sale going on right now stacking them up for review. Thats the one thing people usually do not take

into consideration when they don't hear back as quick as "they expect".

I normally get my confirmations and price drops completed in a day or two, if it goes beyond the 5-7 days they tell you to expect it completed then I follow up.

My price reduction two weeks ago took being on hold with Carnival for three minutes in the call pool, and less than a minute with a super nice lady in Atlanta. She was friendly, easy to understand, the phone line was clear. So often call centers are hard to hear (volume low) are contracted out to places with accents that are really hard to understand. She asked about weather in my city, asked if she could help with anything else. I was very impressed with the customer service. Sure its what they are supposed to do, but so often things like this are a hassle, and this lady made it super easy.

Hopefully the cruise itself has such great customer service.

I wouldn't be impressed if it took 45 minutes to get ice.

Congrats on lower fare! Maybe faster because they didn't order ice or room service before attending to your request!:D

I always just call them and get a response in about 2 minutes...Last time I checked my category was sold out but she said she'd ask her supervisor if she could honor the reduction anyway! Without my asking! Got $80 reduction one day before final payment for total of $305 total reduction!

congrats on your reduction...my husband is the one that usually plays that game. Being a non-techie, how do you do a screen shot to save what you are seeing? Thanks

2 cruzen:

here's what I do:

Press the CTRL and PRINT SCREEN (upper right) buttons at the same time.

Open a Word document, hit paste, and voila!.

Then save the Word document to my desktop -- I go back and delete it later if there's no issue.

(You can also paste it into an email.)

:)

I concur with the good customer service. I called when I noticed a fare reduction. I gave them the amount and they said, "Actually, I see a fare less than that". So, I got an even greater on board credit. Yay!

Archived