Room Service?

kangaand2roos

No second adult! DH doesn't like to cruise :-( I am trying to talk my brother into joining us. The kids aren't really at the melt down stage anymore. I can always put the iPads in their hands :-/ But room service is always fun! It's really no big deal. We will be happy no matter what! We will be on a cruise after all! :cool:

I'm sorry, I totally missed the part where they're 9 and 11, I was thinking two littles. :)

I'm sorry, I totally missed the part where they're 9 and 11, I was thinking two littles. :)

I should have added "Thank Goodness" they aren't at the meltdown stage anymore! ;) it's more that they'll be excited, as will I, and room service fills two rolls. It's fun and it feeds us! But buffets are fun too, and I could order something from Bon Voyage as well. Anyone try the BV sushi?

Just bring stuff back to the room from lido. I did that when I went on a cruise with my daughter and we didn't want to wait for room service. I'm not sure the rules of bringing plates and cups back to your room, but we did and just brought them back up next time e headed that way.

We avoid the busy buffet on embarking day by having a big brunch with the friends we stay with prior to embarking. We don't miss anything doing this since we eat all our meals in the buffet anyway ( problems and complaints now make us avoid the MDR)

Unpacking takes only 15 minutes and we wait till later in the day to avoid packed hallways. There has been times when we even had our luggage with us at muster ( not suggested, pain in the butt with those crowds). We check nothing with porters or airlines and the 3 of us each carry an overhead airline compartment size backpack of clothes and a beachbag for books, toiletries etc.. Never a fee and never a chance for them to be lost by porters or airlines. ( I admit this is easier to do when you don't do formal).

We avoid the busy buffet on embarking day by having a big brunch with the friends we stay with prior to embarking. We don't miss anything doing this since we eat all our meals in the buffet anyway ( problems and complaints now make us avoid the MDR)

Unpacking takes only 15 minutes and we wait till later in the day to avoid packed hallways. There has been times when we even had our luggage with us at muster ( not suggested, pain in the butt with those crowds). We check nothing with porters or airlines and the 3 of us each carry an overhead airline compartment size backpack of clothes and a beachbag for books, toiletries etc.. Never a fee and never a chance for them to be lost by porters or airlines. ( I admit this is easier to do when you don't do formal).

W only live an hour from the portof Baltimore, so no airlines to worry about. We do eat in the MDRevery night, and I know that we could dress ore casually than we do, but in REAL Life, I rarely get dressier than jeans and a turtleneck, so I do like getting at least dressy-ish on a cruise.

My kids are naturally slobs, so the important part of unpacking is to set up a good system of keeping things organized so that I don't lose my sanity living in a small room with them for a week! Unpacking isn't a huge deal, and it doesn't take THAT long, but I love having it done so the rest of the week (at least until it is time to pack again) is vacation! More of a mental necessity than a physical one;)

We are platinum and we usually drop off our bags and head to lido for buffet. After the buffet we go back to the room to unpack, nap and/or watch TV until time for the muster drill. You should have enough time to eat up at the buffet. You could grab some dessert (cookies and milk) and bring back to the room.

We are platinum and we usually drop off our bags and head to lido for buffet. After the buffet we go back to the room to unpack, nap and/or watch TV until time for the muster drill. You should have enough time to eat up at the buffet. You could grab some dessert (cookies and milk) and bring back to the room.

We would do this after lunch but generally our luggage doesnt get there that early.

Unpacking isn't a huge deal, and it doesn't take THAT long, but I love having it done so the rest of the week (at least until it is time to pack again) is vacation! More of a mental necessity than a physical one;)
This. I get great satisfaction from chucking the empty suitcase under the bed. :D

This. I get great satisfaction from chucking the empty suitcase under the bed. :D

LOL...Us, too!! We thought we were the only ones that had goofy grins as we shoved that suitcase under the bed! I love that feeling. :D

Something we always do is pack our swimsuits/sunscreen in a carry on and when we finish lunch we slip in the bathroom and change. This way, even if luggage isn't there in a timely manner, we can get straight to the fun.

We usually let the kids shower while we unpack just before muster. We head up in our cover ups for muster, then turn on cartoons while we shower and get ready for the evening. It keeps everyone out of each others way. (we get connecting rooms so the two bathrooms are VERY appreciated!!!)

Archived