Room Service?

kangaand2roos

When does room service become available on a cruise? Embarkation day? Early on the day or not until later? We have FTTF and I wonder if I could order in a few things for snacking/lunch while we unpack instead of lunch on the Lido?

They are moving bags, think earliest is dinner time.

My Welcome Aboard Fun Times from the Breeze and Conquest earlier this year doesn't indicate any late starting time. Still just says it's 24 hour and complimentary, dial 8000

I concur, just says available 24 hours, but doesn't give a time for embarkation day. I would just call to see if I could order, but as stated, most of the crew is working preparing for the sailing, etc.

Happy Sailing!!!!

I like going up on lido after we get on and seeing all the different things we will be enjoying on our cruise.

Would never think ofdoing room service on first day.

I do too! And that's likely what we will do. I was just thinking it would be a way to occupy to 11 and 9 year olds while I unpack. Even if it is just milk and cookies! The kids LOVE room service in general and we rarely do it in land hotels. It is going to be COLD outside as we are sailing out of Baltimore in February, so just hanging around outside won't be likely to be a good option. I do understand that the main Lido pool should be covered, so maybe we can hang there. I would just LOVE to be totally unpacked so by muster time I can TOTALLY relax! I suppose, worst case, we can bring some Lido goodies back to the room while I do the unpacking!

^^ This. :) Better yet, if you have a second adult with you, send him/her up to get the provisions. That way, the kids don't see the pool and have a meltdown about going back to the room for the unpacking.

No second adult! DH doesn't like to cruise :-( I am trying to talk my brother into joining us. The kids aren't really at the melt down stage anymore. I can always put the iPads in their hands :-/ But room service is always fun! It's really no big deal. We will be happy no matter what! We will be on a cruise after all! :cool:

I do too! And that's likely what we will do. I was just thinking it would be a way to occupy to 11 and 9 year olds while I unpack. Even if it is just milk and cookies! The kids LOVE room service in general and we rarely do it in land hotels. It is going to be COLD outside as we are sailing out of Baltimore in February, so just hanging around outside won't be likely to be a good option. I do understand that the main Lido pool should be covered, so maybe we can hang there. I would just LOVE to be totally unpacked so by muster time I can TOTALLY relax! I suppose, worst case, we can bring some Lido goodies back to the room while I do the unpacking!

Bring juice boxes and snacks in your carry-on. That way you don't have to wait and you will have exactly what they want

Very often though luggage is not delivered until 4 pm or sometimes later

Isn't that the truth! and the baggage handlers on board the ship aren't represented by the Longshoreman's union.

No, and their 'regular' job is something comletely different, they just get assigned baggage handling on embarkation day. Almost all the crew are assigned something on embarkation day, even the entertainers do crowd handling for the safety drill, etc.

No, and their 'regular' job is something comletely different, they just get assigned baggage handling on embarkation day. Almost all the crew are assigned something on embarkation day, even the entertainers do crowd handling for the safety drill, etc.

I understand that the crewman who move luggage have more than that one job on the ship.

Why do you say "no?"

Archived