Labadee Cabana sales

Tagong

Thanks for the heads up!

I just got off the phone with Royal and I can confirm they are open and available to be booked. We are traveling FOS in July of 2014 and I just booked one at Nellies Beach. The cost is $250.00 and includes the upgraded buffet, cabana service, and floating rafts, misc...

The rep on the phone at first tried to brush it off and said several months until opens. I insisted that I heard this was open now, and she checked. Low and behold!

She said this is the earliest she has seen this open up for these!

So, if you are thinking about one, they are now available - minus one for the July 2014 sailing :)

Tagong,

I was wondering if you could share some insight on the cabanas since you have had one. We have never had one before, and would like any information about them you can share.

If you have any photos, I would love to see them.

We booked one recently for our FOS cruise back in July, it was Nellies Beach and we were in a regular balcony cabin,

I must admit I had to check the cruise planner 3-4 times a day 'every' day for at least 3 months before one came up that was free, but now I have had one, I think I will want one ALL the time

good luck with snagging one

wendy

x

186.jpg.abce8492f411f8f81207e6ed02e3d7dd.jpg

187.jpg.639193cec1e20fc5fff60ce8c764518b.jpg

188.jpg.f80f81b76ac0db4b0fbc5381d2dbe184.jpg

189.jpg.083652f42b893ba47f081acd0752dfe8.jpg

191.jpg.93a0f5a27828d2c2781ea93ea824be00.jpg

Just curious if their is a standard answer to this, or it varies from ship to ship?

How far in advance can you make a reservation for a Cabana on Barefoot Beach. Does it come up as a shore excursion, or is the reservation made directly with the concierge?

Thanks in advance.

Just curious if their is a standard answer to this, or it varies from ship to ship?

How far in advance can you make a reservation for a Cabana on Barefoot Beach. Does it come up as a shore excursion, or is the reservation made directly with the concierge?

Thanks in advance.

Barefoot is direct through the Concierge. Nellies is open for anyone once they open up under the excursions tab. As far as how far in advance for Barefoot, normally most Concierges don't even look at a sailing until about two weeks out.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Also note: Last I sailed to Labadee Nellies was first come first served as far as Cabana location. You either book a hillside or beach, then pick from what is left when you arrive. Barefoot preassigns you a specific Cabana so come at your leisure.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We booked a hillside on Nellies. We were right next to the Barefoot Hillside cabanas! Our access to the cabana was through Barefoot so it was like we were really part of Barefoot.

Cabanas are really worth the $$$ if you want a nice place to hang out for the day with an upgraded lunch buffet. Of course there is the cabana area as well as an open deck area in front of the covered portion of the cabana. There is an electrical outlet and a ceiling fan in the cabana. Wicker furniture that is nice for sitting or napping! A cooler with ice and bottles of water. The cabana steward will come by the cabana many times during the day. He will get you beverages from the bar...an extra charge unless you have the beverage package. If you need extra towels, they are brought to you. The steward will also save you table when you go to the lunch buffet and get your drinks for you.

If you go to the private island boards there are threads with lots of pics of the cabanas as well as maps of the cabana locations.

I booked three on Nellie's for our Thanksgiving 2014 over a month ago. I was shocked to see them pop up open on my reservation. We will try to get three on Barefoot when they open up as we have a OS, CL, and GS in our group and then I will cancel the Nellie's. So I suggest you keep checking if Nellie's is sold out as I heard a lot of suite holders do the same. We had two on BB several years ago (pre-Nellie's) and it was great. I highly suggest getting one especially if you have little ones that might want to get out of the sun and nap. Plus, the buffet is excellent.

I booked three on Nellie's for our Thanksgiving 2014 over a month ago. I was shocked to see them pop up open on my reservation. We will try to get three on Barefoot when they open up as we have a OS, CL, and GS in our group and then I will cancel the Nellie's. So I suggest you keep checking if Nellie's is sold out as I heard a lot of suite holders do the same. We had two on BB several years ago (pre-Nellie's) and it was great. I highly suggest getting one especially if you have little ones that might want to get out of the sun and nap. Plus, the buffet is excellent.

Barefoot Beach cabanas do not "open up" online. Anyone in a suite who wants to book a cabana (or three) on Barefoot Beach needs to do so through the concierge. You can email the concierge a week or two before your cruise and request one. There might be some left when you board and can talk to the concierge, but you never know. We've had a cabana twice on Barefoot (in a GS) and once on Nellie's. We have a beach one again on Nellie's this Nov. In Nov 2012 we were in a GS and I emailed the concierge about 10 days out and asked for one. He emailed me back that one was reserved. The first time we had one on Barefoot, I went to the CL the first day and reserved one then.

Thanks in advance.

You should get an Email from your concierge about 2 weeks prior to your cruise to see if you want to book a cabana at Barefoot. There will be a list of what's available in their Email. If you don't get an Email, check with them once you board to reserve one.

Just to clarify a couple of things, not all cabanas are $250. The hilltop and beach cabanas are $225. The over the water cabanas are $250.

If you don't have a suite, check your excursions early. If they are open for booking, you can reserve a cabana on Nellie's Beach online. I already booked one for our May, 2014 cruise. There are tons of pictures on the Labadee thread just search for cabanas. I'm sure this thread will end up being moved there.

If you have a suite, the only way to book a cabana on Barefoot Beach is through the concierge via email or once onboard the ship. A lot of people have stated the concierge never contacted them, so I am planning on emailing them 2 wks before our December cruise so I can reserve my cabana. From what I have read, some are contacted by concierge and others never hear from them. I'm not willing to risk not hearing from them.

I do have a question for others who have booked via concierge. Do they charge you at the time of your reservation or do you have to put it on your seapass and pay for it at the end of the cruise? I like to pay for as much as possible before ever getting on the ship.

Thanks!!

Thanks for the heads up!

I just got off the phone with Royal and I can confirm they are open and available to be booked. We are traveling FOS in July of 2014 and I just booked one at Nellies Beach. The cost is $250.00 and includes the upgraded buffet, cabana service, and floating rafts, misc...

The rep on the phone at first tried to brush it off and said several months until opens. I insisted that I heard this was open now, and she checked. Low and behold!

She said this is the earliest she has seen this open up for these!

So, if you are thinking about one, they are now available - minus one for the July 2014 sailing :)

We were shocked (and a bit dismayed) to discover that the cabanas on Nellie's was already open for our May 2015 cruise on Oasis! We needed three for our group so we went ahead and booked three OTW. Now we hope to get them all together. It seems to be too early to be thinking about it, but since they were available we followed the advice here and got it taken care of. I would have preferred to wait a bit since we have two more cruises before that one!

You should get an Email from your concierge about 2 weeks prior to your cruise to see if you want to book a cabana at Barefoot. There will be a list of what's available in their Email. If you don't get an Email, check with them once you board to reserve one.

We've been in a GS 3 times and never received an email from the concierge. As I stated above, in Nov 2012 I emailed the concierge and he emailed me back but I've never been contacted first. It's really hit or miss.

On our 2010 trip we never got an Email and I didn't know about Emailing to them. I just went to the lounge as soon as I boarded and was able to get two on BB. However, this trip I am not taking a chance on BB so will be EMailing two weeks out.

We have a GS booked for our December cruise and I read on cruise critic about booking a cabana early by contacting the concierge so that is what I did and we got a response within a day and reserved a cabana. Our credit card was not charged yet. Another time when we were not in a suite, we booked one at nellies beach when the tours opened, that time we were charged right away. Another time we were in a GS and booked the cabana once we were on the ship, I did not want to take a chance this time since there will be 2 ships in port the day we were there.

Just curious as to when and how they charge for the cabana's? Is it charged to your final bill or prepaid. Also, do they have any penalties for cancelling? Oh, and finally we have a group of 10, I heard that you can have up to 6 in the cabanas. If we rent just one, can the four teenagers in the group use the beach and the beach chair available on that particular beach, or is the beach private only to those in the cabanas? Do these questions make any sense feel like I am rambling. Sorry.

Just curious as to when and how they charge for the cabana's? Is it charged to your final bill or prepaid. Also, do they have any penalties for cancelling? Oh, and finally we have a group of 10, I heard that you can have up to 6 in the cabanas. If we rent just one, can the four teenagers in the group use the beach and the beach chair available on that particular beach, or is the beach private only to those in the cabanas? Do these questions make any sense feel like I am rambling. Sorry.

You will get charged for the cabana as soon as you reserve it, so it is pre-paid with RCI. That is how they do all of their excursions and the cabana is considered an excursion. No penalty for cancelling. Yes, you are able to have up to 6 in a cabana (reserved under just one name). Each of the 6 gets a wristband. Technically that should restrict who gets cabana access, but I hear it's not really enforced. However, only the 6 with wristbands gets access to the upgraded buffet at Barefoot Beach. You may be more comfortable going for two cabanas, especially with teens.

Archived