Quest 8/27-9/6

PaulaJK

Yes, spotted him numerous times on Odyssey cruise last month. Seems to appear and disappear at will .... on Deck 7 and Deck 9.

Indeed, caught him nodding off a few mornings 6:30-ish at the computers next to Seabourn Square.

Could stand in for Governor Christie of NJ.

mm

Edited by MeetingMaid

Yes, spotted him numerous times on Odyssey cruise last month. Seems to appear and disappear at will .... on Deck 7 and Deck 9.

Indeed, caught him nodding off a few mornings 6:30-ish at the computers next to Seabourn Square.

Could stand in for Governor Christie of NJ.

mm

Late nights trading markets in China has had him nod off at a computer or two until the Seabourn Staff at the Square gets him a black coffee!...:D

Edited by NYKshipping

I understand there was a quite hefty man on board Quest for 5 months who would fall asleep and snore quite loudly every morning at computer in Seabourn Square.
that`s wasn`t him! He only got onboard June 3rd after dry dock in Monte Carlo. Edited by NYKshipping

Is he a large gentleman that travels alone.

Not true at all...his partner was just on the last cruise that finished in Barcelona on Sept 6th and from time to time will invite some of his best friends to travel with him....so much misinformation about Mr. "S".:eek:

Edited by NYKshipping

So, what did you [plural] think of this cruise?

It was a good cruise...not your typical Seabourn cruise IMHO....end of season tends to bring out a lot of different types of people ( a lot of people complaining about the internet and other usual things in Seabourn Square). We were very lucky for the weather as it was still very hot throughout all of Europe and especially Spain!

What did you think about this cruise Paula?

Edited by NYKshipping

Not true at all...his partner was just on the last cruise that finished in Barcelona on Sept 6th and from time to time will invite some of his best friends to travel with him....so much misinformation about Mr. "S".:eek:

Partner or one of your partners friends on last years cruise was just WOW. :), if you don't mind me saying. Enjoy the Quest:)

Partner or one of your partners friends on last years cruise was just WOW. :), if you don't mind me saying. Enjoy the Quest:)

Yes that was him (partner) on the Odyssey last Oct Athens to Istanbul and Istanbul to Dubai and again now on the Quest for the past 10 days.;) ..+1

NYK, On the whole we enjoyed the cruise, particularly for the beautiful weather and familiar faces in the crew/staff. It was too port intensive for us and remained so even tho we created some personal sea days; of course, we knew the itinerary upon booking. Luckily I didn't spend much time in SB Square so I 'missed' the complaining. I've already voiced my negatives re: the slow internet and there were, as you appear to understand, some problems with the room.

Not certain what you mean by not typical...There did seem to be some party hearty groups. Were you in the MDR on the last evening? It was a most un-SB experience! Paula

NYK, On the whole we enjoyed the cruise, particularly for the beautiful weather and familiar faces in the crew/staff. It was too port intensive for us and remained so even tho we created some personal sea days; of course, we knew the itinerary upon booking. Luckily I didn't spend much time in SB Square so I 'missed' the complaining. I've already voiced my negatives re: the slow internet and there were, as you appear to understand, some problems with the room.

Not certain what you mean by not typical...There did seem to be some party hearty groups. Were you in the MDR on the last evening? It was a most un-SB experience! Paula

Yes PaulaJK a lot of poorly dressed people in the MDR on the last night and loud...heavy drinking in the Sky Bar most nights and the Club was off the hook well past 3 or 4:00am each night! The vibe onboard just seemed very different in people "wanting there value" if you know what I mean? Too bad 1092 didn't meet up to your expectations...I had visited the Suites in early June when they were getting them all readied and they seem to be WOW!!!

The Spa Deck suites indeed are wow! It's just that there are a few design problems which I believe SB is interested in learning about and correcting. After I share my observations with SB, I will be happy to share them here.

Well, more luck for us I gather. We generally shared an after dinner drink in the Observation Lounge and then retired to our cabin to read on the terrace. Never did visit the Sky Bar. Did I miss all of the fun?

Re; the last night in the MDR...Were you there when the one very loud [and costumed] table of 13 was joined by another exiting group? Someone had a microphone. This absolutely tone deaf person began attempting to sing NY,NY. and there was more 'merriment' and hollering in the aisles. We were in a cluster of tables at the back and most of us decided that we could do without dessert. Even the waiters were aghast. If you has seen this, attire may have been the least of your comments! Frankly I have never seen anything approximating this on a ship. Good news for you, these folks remain for this cruise and are planning another costumed evening.

The Spa Deck suites indeed are wow! It's just that there are a few design problems which I believe SB is interested in learning about and correcting. After I share my observations with SB, I will be happy to share them here.

Well, more luck for us I gather. We generally shared an after dinner drink in the Observation Lounge and then retired to our cabin to read on the terrace. Never did visit the Sky Bar. Did I miss all of the fun?

Re; the last night in the MDR...Were you there when the one very loud [and costumed] table of 13 was joined by another exiting group? Someone had a microphone. This absolutely tone deaf person began attempting to sing NY,NY. and there was more 'merriment' and hollering in the aisles. We were in a cluster of tables at the back and most of us decided that we could do without dessert. Even the waiters were aghast. If you has seen this, attire may have been the least of your comments! Frankly I have never seen anything approximating this on a ship. Good news for you, these folks remain for this cruise and are planning another costumed evening.

We were seated across from that bunch "mayhem"...I had complained to Nick that I had never seen a bunch straight out of a barn in the MDR like this before...he seemed embarrassed as did Bozi F&B Manager when he was called to come down an inspect!:rolleyes: I had called it something straight out of Animal Farm! I didn't want to mention this in great detail because usually when you do people think or believe you are embellishing things. Ohh joy maybe room service for the next last night then to avoid the miss mash mosh pit of people!

How tiresome! They should not be allowed to hijack The Restaurant with their noise and the microphone should have been banned. That would be the uneviable responsibility of the maitre d'hotel, in my opinion.

Why didn't this crowd use some common sense, you know the old fashioned version, to reserve the card room for their boisterous "fun"? They remind me of a table of mixed nationalities on Odyssey a while ago whose organizer compere led skol toasts several times during their dinner up and down the music scale as loudly as they could do so. If memory serves me well, and since Mr L asked, the offender was a large male Cuban-American.

Why people think they are some type of inspiration, entitled to disrupt a fine dining room as if they are entitled to do so is beyond me. Of course children don't know better and that's the argument for cruiselines sponsoring meals in

kiddie clubs. That's what the card room is used for on occasion. Why not this one too?

Happy sailing!

Edited by markham

No, I don't I don't care at all about who annoying posters are because I ignore them. And I'm really not on CC that much, perhaps fifteen or twenty minutes a day when I check out the boards and threads I am interested in and respond if so inclined. It took me a lot of years to accumulate this many posts unlike some who have done it in a very short time.

Regarding the revelers in the MDR I wonder why Bozi and the other staff who were so aghast didn't do something about the situation.

IMO Management is always reluctant to get directly involved with guest in possible confrontational situations like this one could have been.

And the nationality of these animals?

Does the nationality of the noisy party matter?

No nationality has the market sewn up appropriate or inappropriate behavior. The best we can hope for is that fellow passengers are considerate of one another, no matter from whence they came.