? about pre ordering Choc cov/Strawberries

cruizinpooh

I'm a bit confused. As I was reading the order form, it is a bit different than the one I have used before on a different Cruiseline. It normally asks which day would you like your order delivered. However, the one on the Princess' site the order form says something about gift cards will be presented in the designated guest's stateroom and may be redeemed in the appropriate outlets onboard the ship. Am I misunderstanding something? Will you receive a gift card in lieu of the actual order and you must go somewhere to redeem it?

We usually order a plate of Chocolate covered strawberries at least every other night so we can either munch on as we are getting ready for dinner or just simply to have them while sitting in the balcony in the weeee hours after a long night..... lol

Can someone please help? Is this something that you can order from Room Service once onboard? Honestly, I'd rather do this now and have one less thing to worry about while onboard.

Kindly advise.

Thank you!

Cruizinpooh

I'm a bit confused. As I was reading the order form, it is a bit different than the one I have used before on a different Cruiseline. It normally asks which day would you like your order delivered. However, the one on the Princess' site the order form says something about gift cards will be presented in the designated guest's stateroom and may be redeemed in the appropriate outlets onboard the ship. Am I misunderstanding something? Will you receive a gift card in lieu of the actual order and you must go somewhere to redeem it?

We usually order a plate of Chocolate covered strawberries at least every other night so we can either munch on as we are getting ready for dinner or just simply to have them while sitting in the balcony in the weeee hours after a long night..... lol

Can someone please help? Is this something that you can order from Room Service once onboard? Honestly, I'd rather do this now and have one less thing to worry about while onboard.

Kindly advise.

Thank you!

Cruizinpooh

If you pre-order you will indeed have a card waiting for you in your cabin upon embarkation to be redeemed at your convenience. You can also order from room service at any time although some items may require advance notice.

So either way you'll need to call room service

Can you get choc. covered straw? I did not see that on the pre order form. I also oredered them on a previos cruise and loved it!

You can pre-order them on the Princess gift site or you can just call room service and order them when you want them. Last I checked they were $10 to pre-order and $8 if you waited until you boarded the ship and called room service to place the order.

A couple of comments - I have had a few people order these for me (my favorite) and each time, they are dropped off the first day on my cruise.

I recently ordered these for friends and the room steward left a card for the passengers asking what day/time they wanted these. Supposedly the kitchen needs 6 hours notice.

So it can be done either way. If you order them onboard, I would order them in the morning for the early afternoon.

Good point Coral, I forgot they needed a bit of notice for the strawberries. I neglected to mention that. Thanks for the reminder! ;)

My friends got a note that was supposed to be meant for just the room steward that said "Do not give to passengers, make sure you specify to galley at least 6 hours before the time the passengers want the chocolate covered strawberries". My friends laughed.

Maybe it is a coincidence - but my strawberries delivered on formal nights are always "better decorated" then during the rest of the week. Ofcourse, they taste the same....

Coral, we have noticed the difference in the look also. The formal night strawberris are sooooooooooo cute all dressed up in their little tuxedos! Even though they are the same, the eyes see them before the mouth tastes them and they always seemed to taste better on formal night. :D

If I am not mistaken, I think there is a small notation on the room service menu now telling that they need a bit of notice before the strawberries can be delivered. So, planning ahead for these is a must!

If I am not mistaken, I think there is a small notation on the room service menu now telling that they need a bit of notice before the strawberries can be delivered. So, planning ahead for these is a must!

Toto - you are right. The strawberries are listed with the cheese tray and salsa and chips tray - when I ordered these for a party - they wanted at least 6 hours notice. They could probably work with less notice but this is stated in the room service menu with the rest of the items that have a fee associated with it.

When I went on a cruise with my sister, my DH had pre-ordered the chocolate covered strawberries for me.

The Princess rep who took his order insisted that they would be waiting in our cabin for us... however, we just got the card (with my DH's message to me printed on it)... and I had to order them thru room service myself.

They were delicious!!

I think it's a crap shoot on how they get delivered. We've had it both ways - cards to redeem and the actual platter in the room when we get there. Once we had several canape and chocolate strawberry platters sent to us and they were all in the room when we got there! :eek: We were able to have them take back most of them and have them redelivered at a different time.

Another thing to note is that although the order form says that you should receive 8 chocolate covered strawberries, I recall only receiving 6 (as Coral's pictures above also indicate.) Be sure to get your extra 2 :D

Another thing to note is that although the order form says that you should receive 8 chocolate covered strawberries, I recall only receiving 6 (as Coral's pictures above also indicate.) Be sure to get your extra 2 :D

Unfortunatley in my case - 8 were delivered but someone ate the other 2 before I could photograph them. So far, I have always received 8 - some with a rose, others with out. Some dressed up in tuxes, others not dressed up.

The only time I've ever received them, they were delivered shortly after embarkation. Which was fine. :)

A related question: Does anyone ever fax their credit card to Princess for these gifts????

Yes, when we pre-order gifts we have always faxed Princess with the CC number and order form. Everything has always come out perfectly. They charge your CC as soon as you place the order so it is not added to your shipboard account but paid for ahead of time when the order is submitted.

I have ordered the chocolate dipped strawberries before on two previous cruises.Each time they were waiting for us in our room when we boarded. I would have preferred the card that I could've redeemed at a different time. I will try calling room service this next time......it sounds like I may save $2, too.

Ok can someone explain why it's cheaper to wait to purchase on board than to order it ahead of time? I've been looking at the wine/champagne and all that other stuff but if it's cheaper to wait til I get there, I just may apply credit to my account a little every month until the cruise....

Ideas? :)

Isn't that just the craziest thing you have ever seen before? We used to order things for the cabin ahead of time and then realized it was just as easy and less expensive to do it once onboard the ship.

You would think it would be the other way around? Or at least I would.

Only good thing about ordering it ahead of time, especially for those on a budget, is that it is charged to your credit card WHEN you order it and not placed on your shipboard account. So, if you plan way ahead, you can pay for a couple of items a month instead of adding them to your account onboard. Not too bad unless you carry a balance on your credit card, then the charge would be even higher with interest.

hi everyone

can they be ordered on every Princess ship. I don't remember seeing them on the Pacific Princess earlier this year- but I'm sure going to order them as soon as we board the Diamond in December.

My theory on why it is more expensive is that they are actually trying to targt people who are actually not going to be on the ship, ie - friends and family wanting to do something nice for you. They are probably willing to purchase it, no matter what the cost.

jmho, Casey

PS, I love the tuxedo strawberries too! They are so cute! I am Elite, and we had some waiting in our room when we got onboard in January, and my friends daughter was THRILLED!

• 1 year later...

Archived