Advice Needed - Stay with RCI or move to TA

Advice needed please - I'm currently booked on a cruise for next March. The booking is directly with RCI. However, if I move or open a new booking with an online TA - they are running a promo with two prepaid gratuity, specialty dinner for two, and two drink packages for my two kids in the same stateroom that ends today. Price of cruise is the same - it's the 8 day cruise on IOS. There is a $100 cancellation fee per person if I cancel out of the cruise. With RCI - I have until January to make final payment and cancel without any fee. What would you do?

I booked that same deal for my November 2014 cruise and am very happy that I did! I don't plan on canceling so I am saving over $250 on things I would normally get and pay for myself without the deal so I'm loving it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Advice needed please - I'm currently booked on a cruise for next March. The booking is directly with RCI. However, if I move or open a new booking with an online TA - they are running a promo with two prepaid gratuity, specialty dinner for two, and two drink packages for my two kids in the same stateroom that ends today. Price of cruise is the same - it's the 8 day cruise on IOS. There is a $100 cancellation fee per person if I cancel out of the cruise. With RCI - I have until January to make final payment and cancel without any fee. What would you do?

I'd move, i hope you're talking about the same TA company on the cruise critic website, b/c their incentives are almost the exact as yours except you get what you get plus 100.00 obc and a free spa cert worth 100.00. Also, if you have a next cert, etc that can be added to.

I would say that the key phrase would be a "Good TA", not just any TA.

I have been using the same TA for over a decade now and I have had no problems. She also does not charge a cancellation or change fee.

I also don't like these big internet cruise websites. Each time you call you get a different rep. I like my TA because she runs her own business, and I know that when I call, I will only speak to her. It's a good way to develop a personal relationship which you can't establish with these internet cruise warehouses.

I'd move, i hope you're talking about the same TA company on the cruise critic website, b/c their incentives are almost the exact as yours except you get what you get plus 100.00 obc and a free spa cert worth 100.00. Also, if you have a next cert, etc that can be added to.

Got the same deal so i'm pretty sure its the same TA. First time using them.

I also don't like these big internet cruise websites. Each time you call you get a different rep. I like my TA because she runs her own business, and I know that when I call, I will only speak to her. It's a good way to develop a personal relationship which you can't establish with internet cruise warehouses.

My TA works for one of the big internet cruise websites. I love dealing with her and she's the only one I talk to. I know when she'll be out of the office and plan accordingly. It's nice that if there were an emergency, I have others I COULD talk to, if necessary.

That said, op, I would definitely switch. That's plenty of perks!!

If anyone wants to charge you a change or cancellation fee......stay away from them. Their are plenty of good TA's out there that don't charge you.

And also make sure that when they run your credit card, that the charge comes directly from the cruise line. If the charge is from the TA directly, you could be asking for trouble. If that agency god forbid has financial trouble and goes out of business, you probably will never see your money again.

Thank you everyone for your response. I think it is the same TA - I forgot about the spa certificate. However, I didn't get offered the $100 OBC - should I ask about that? I'm pretty sure we are going to take this cruise unless an emergency comes up that prevents us from going. If I get the $100 OBC in addition to the other perks, I think I will go ahead and make the transfer. Thanks again everyone for your input.

Got the same deal so i'm pretty sure its the same TA. First time using them.

I believe they are really good. I had to call RCCL to find out if my "next cert" was turned in and in the process stages and RCCL said they deal w/ this company all the time and they say and do what they promise. Made me feel better :)

Thank you everyone for your response. I think it is the same TA - I forgot about the spa certificate. However, I didn't get offered the $100 OBC - should I ask about that? I'm pretty sure we are going to take this cruise unless an emergency comes up that prevents us from going. If I get the $100 OBC in addition to the other perks, I think I will go ahead and make the transfer. Thanks again everyone for your input.

I believe its says 100.00 obc, if it doesn't ask them if you switch, can you have it. They are always willing to help and I too, talk w/ the same person all the time and know when she is out and about :)

I believe they are really good. I had to call RCCL to find out if my "next cert" was turned in and in the process stages and RCCL said they deal w/ this company all the time and they say and do what they promise. Made me feel better :)

Thank you for putting my mind at ease

Archived