Hot dog stand & Gelato on breakaway

Infiniti820

Up in the buffet, the soft serve ice cream was almost always available, and during lunch and dinner hours there were also about 6 flavors of hard ice cream. For free. Why pay for gelato?

Are you kidding me LOL :)

That is not ice cream in the soft serve machines. It is ice milk. But you cannot compare even real ice cream with a good gelato. No comparison! Would gladly pay for good gelato anytime. Comparing ice milk to gelato is like comparing Walmart to Harrods department store ;)

:)

That is not ice cream in the soft serve machines. It is ice milk. But you cannot compare even real ice cream with a good gelato. No comparison! Would gladly pay for good gelato anytime. Comparing ice milk to gelato is like comparing Walmart to Harrods department store ;)

I agree Walmart wins everytime! :)

I was not comparing it to good gelato. I was comparing it to the gelato sold on the Breakaway.

I was not comparing it to good gelato. I was comparing it to the gelato sold on the Breakaway.

How are the Hot Dogs on the breakaway? I was going to skip Cagneys and maybe do like 7 hot dogs for dinner instead one night. I would imagine a gelato though would be good after all those hot dogs :)

How are the Hot Dogs on the breakaway? I was going to skip Cagneys and maybe do like 7 hot dogs for dinner instead one night. I would imagine a gelato though would be good after all those hot dogs :)
My opinion....they were overcooked and the bread was stale. And the hot dog guy (server) needed a personality too.

My opinion....they were overcooked and the bread was stale. And the hot dog guy (server) needed a personality too.

So you are saying they were truly authentic "dirty dogs" ?

JK :D ... I am not a hot dog person, so I did not try them. Still, kudos to NCL for having 2 of them on the ship. Very cool.

Oh man, now someone is going to post that comparing hot dogs to steak is like comparing K-mart to Nordstrom! ;) :)

To be serious for a moment, I think the dogs are only out for lunch and not dinner. Not positive about that, though.

Archived