Questions about Solstice Celebrity Suite

coffeeluv

We are sailing on Solstice on 9/23. First time on a Solstice class ship, and first time in a CS (but DH and I have been sailing Celebrity for 15 years).

1. Can anyone tell me more about the window between the bedroom and sitting area? I've seen photos, but how large is it really (approximate dimensions)? DD will be sleeping on the sofa bed, so will light from the bedroom make the sitting area light right over her head? Has anyone found a good way to minimize the light?

2. Does the door to the bedroom slam shut if it is ajar? Is there a door stop, or does a conventional wedge-style door stop work?

Any other advice about the CS welcome!

Thanks!

I am sure someone with first-hand knowledge will answer your questions but I know that you cannot shut out the light between the bedroom and sitting areas. It is one of the reasons why we will not book a CS on an S-class ship. [The other is the lack of a dining table.]

Sue

We have stayed in CS suites on a number of occasions and as long as the person sleeping on the sofa is not an early riser and keeps the curtains closed its not a big deal and for three adults the space is fantastic.

But your suggestion of a temp curtain would def solve the problem.

Scotlslizzy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who replied. I thought I would bump this up to see if anyone has info about the door to the bedroom (Q2 above), or any other tips or advice about the CS.

Leaving in a little over a week, we're very excited.

Thanks,

Nancy

These may help. First thumbnail is of that "window" between bedroom and sofabed. Next shows no step for the bedroom door. You can drop a towel at the door jamb to prevent the door from closing or (as you said) bring a rubber door stop.

The 2nd photo is full size if you click the small photo here:

http://www.cruiseshiprooms.com/Celebrity/Solstice/1237/cabin-stateroom.html

Have a great cruise:)

Celebrity_Suite_03.jpg.1e30927a43aa97a9dda9408ded0d18f6.jpg

CEL_SL_CelebritySuite_CatCS.jpg.1e9a460a1add5b677d83110690bdb63b.jpg

Archived