wine

hairone

Please be aware if you bring a bottle of wine or champagne for sail away that needs chilling or you need glasses, the cabin attendant will likely NOT be available to bring ice right away. They also may not bring glasses until later in the evening. Room service is likely not to be open and a concierge may not be on duty at that time.

Glasses are not a problem as they can be picked up at any bar, but ice early on embarkation day can be a bit of a problem. If you need chilled wine for sail away, better to buy a bottle from the cruise ship, or you might be disappointed that you could not drink the wine you carried on.

Cheers

M

The corkscrew they give you is a plastic T-type, where you pull the cover off the screw and slide it through the base of the screw to form the handle. It's a giveaway, not a loaner. I kept mine from the last cruise to bring along for the next one.

I have mine too from our last cruise!

The corkage fee applies to wine you bring to the dining room and ask them to cork & serve at dinner. The wine you bring to drink in your cabin is "free & clear" Your cabin steward will provide ice, an ice bucket and wine glasses. Personally, I'll bring my own cork screw...can't imagine they have an unlimited supply to loan out. Cork screws are not restricted although, I've heard of people having issues with pocket knives so be sure to select a cork screw that doesn't have a built-in knife. Cheers & enjoy your cruise!

Hahaha... I was one of the people that had the problem with a higher quality corkscrew that had the little knife to cut the foil off the bottles (only got called to the "naughty room" once, but have brought it on several cruises). Essentially, the security people from the "naughty room" told me to bring one of the really cheap ones that just have the corkscrew part. Just know a corkscrew is OK, but any knife (any size) is not (at least that is what the ships security told me).

Edited by Yenom

Yes. They add a low-level radioactive isotope to all the wine they serve on board, and have installed scanners that can tell the difference between wine purchased at a bar and wine you brought onboard and poured in your room. If they catch you consuming your own wine in a public area, they will automatically add the corkage fee to your SeaPass account. :D

Just kidding, of course. They will neither know nor care where you got the wine, if you sit in the Centrum drinking a glass.

That is so funny. Thank you for the laugh

Hahaha... I was one of the people that had the problem with a higher quality corkscrew that had the little knife to cut the foil off the bottles (only got called to the "naughty room" once, but have brought it on several cruises). Essentially, the security people from the "naughty room" told me to bring one of the really cheap ones that just have the corkscrew part. Just know a corkscrew is OK, but any knife (any size) is not (at least that is what the ships security told me).

DH has also taken such a corkscrew on multiple cruises. They held it in the naughty room one time. The inconsistency bugged him a bit. I thought it was funny because a steak knife from the dining room could be slipped into anybody's pocket or purse then carried anywhere on board; it would be bigger and sharper than the tiny foil knife:rolleyes:.

DH has also taken such a corkscrew on multiple cruises. They held it in the naughty room one time. The inconsistency bugged him a bit. I thought it was funny because a steak knife from the dining room could be slipped into anybody's pocket or purse then carried anywhere on board; it would be bigger and sharper than the tiny foil knife:rolleyes:.

the naughty room love it. Hope I do not have to visit soon.

As long as we are on the topic, who has experience bring wine on a back to back cruise? I know the FAQ section of the website says we can bring on two bottles per cabin per cruise and states they will hold two until the second cruise.

We have two cabins on B2B cruises on Allure, so we will have two bottles x two cabins per cruise x two cruises = eight bottles with us on initial embarkation. Wow, way more than I have ever carried. That many bottles will probably get the scanner's attention:) (unless we separate them into multiple bags). when security sees so many bottles, do they call someone over to take possession of the extra bottles or do they send us somewhere to deal with the issue? Is it a hassle? If so, I could put two bottles in my big purse, two in my carry on bag, two in DH's carry on bag and two in a wine store bag. splitting it up a bit of a hassle, but it could be done if hassle in the end.

IF anybody has been through the process on a B2B (especially Allure/Oasis terminal), I'd like to hear how it worked.

Ok, for anybody who might have a similar situation in the future, here is what happened at port Everglade 18: For weight and clanging glass reasons, we split up the bottles in different carry on bags. we put the bags on the security X-ray belt, and after the second bag with two bottles, the security called out to his colleague to check our bags. We were pulled aside, and explained the B2B with two cabin equals eight bottles. They checked with the top security person about whether to let all eight on now or to tag four; head guy said just let them take them on. It was reasonably fast and everybody was pleasant.

Actually I don’t recall seeing WINE in a one liter bottle, 1.5 liter yes, but not one liter. Most of the bottles I see are 750 ml.

cheers

M

We buy direct from the vitner and all our standard weeknight table wines come in 1 liter bottles. It is farily common in our area for basic table wines.

According to the CC info RCL policies are for two bottles per cabin and additional bottles pay the corkage fee. We are coming over to RCL and wanted to understand the rules before we try anything foolish :-)

Dan

According to the CC info RCL policies are for two bottles per cabin and additional bottles pay the corkage fee. We are coming over to RCL and wanted to understand the rules before we try anything foolish :-)

Dan

That is not correct. It is up to two 750 ml bottles per cabin. If you take the bottle into the dining room with you, it is subject to the corkage fee. You may not being more than two bottles (per cabin, per cruise) with you at all, with or without a fee.

That is not correct. It is up to two 750 ml bottles per cabin. If you take the bottle into the dining room with you, it is subject to the corkage fee. You may not being more than two bottles (per cabin, per cruise) with you at all, with or without a fee.

Thanks for the clarification.

Dan

• 1 month later...