CDF (Crocieres du France)?

mapsmith

Stumbled across this line while looking for a Caribbean Cruise. Seems to go to a lot of Islands that no one else does. Operating the Horizon and Zenith (old X ships) We saw one in Barbados a couple of years ago.

Seems to be a French Line (duh!)

Operates Santo Domingo-Martinique-Guadalupe-Barbados-Curacao cruises in the winter.

French staff and all inclusive drinks at a reasonable price (price for an inside goes for about what an outside or balcony goes for on Carnival, Royal, Celibrity, or Princess.)

Anyone have any comments.

only french and sometimes spanish are the languages on board

i once inquired - french is my 2nd language - but decided not to do it

seems to be the French alternative for the 2 big Italian companies

Thanks, Neither is my first or second languages. But we enjoyed MSC when they first arrived in the Caribbean. Just looking for new ports other than Cozumel, Nassau, Grand Cayman, St. Thomas, St. Martin, etc.

CDF ships are operated by RCCL's Spanish line Pullmantur, and marketed in France by CDF and in Spain By Pullmantur. English is the second language on Pullmantur's ships,but may be the third language on ships with a large French contingent aboard as our sailing from Santo Domingo on the Horizon was. Many English speakers are realizing the good value Pullmantur provides on all their all-inclusive ships.

I did find that CDF is considered part of Pullmantour. I have found a decent price for an inside for an 8 day Caribbean at about $800pp. Since that does include wine and beer, it seems like a good deal for the ports. May have to contact them since it does not appear that online booking is available and there do not appear to be any US Agents (although an online agent is where I found about it.) Will have to contact someone in Canada it looks like. And find airfare!

You should be able to book CDF through *************.com. They do not

have online booking, you have to call them, but they do list CDF cruises

and general category prices on their website and all the info about the

line and the ships.

Archived