Dress for Formal night???Summit Alaskan

Whirlwind

I don't think it is a sore subject, just that there are a lot of opinions! If you follow the link below from the Celebrity website you won't go far wrong:

http://www.celebrity.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000uxinEa3tXULs6_MYelepcf8:1028etmk3?faqSubjectName=Dress+Codes&faqId=478&pagename=faq_answers

Phil

Hi,

Good question. I think it varies a bit from ship to ship.

We've been on RCI's Radiance twice and almost all of the men wore a tux. I wore a dark suit.

We've been on Crystal's harmony twice and it was truly hard to spot more than a handful (besides me) who were not in a tux.

We're on the Summit on 7/15 and for this cruise I've rented a Tux (black jacket) from the formal wear company. To me, it means that I do not have to pack a suit. They also provide TWO shirts, so I have a fresh shirt for both formal evenings.

On the ladies side, you always see a boat load full (bad pun intended) of dynamaite looking females on the arms of the guys.;)

Whirlwind:

Having just returned from the Infinity in Alaska, I can tell you that most of the men onboard were wearing Dark Suits on formal evenings rather than Tuxedos.

Dave

Thats wierd, on our recent cruise on the Summit Alaska, most men wore tuxedos

And Formal means Formal, wheather the cruise is in Alaska or any where else.

However dark suits are perfectly acceptable.

Phil

is a gown & DH in a dress dark suit with silk tie & dress shirt in white with tie bar with chain. Sparkly top & satin pants or skirt is informal night for me, sportscoat, shirt & tie for DH, casual night is dockers & polo shirt for DH, sundress or pants with cute top for me.

Interesting how the mix of cruisers is so different from one cruise to another! We were on the Infinity June 9 Alaska sailing and there were more tuxes than suits. :p As has been stated, formal is formal no matter which itinerary.

Macop, does this mean you're not going to have dinner on your balcony in your AFT cabin? You're going to dress and go to the dining room. Awe, good for you to convince your DH to wear a suit.:D

Garry

Archived