Steampunk cruise????

norwane

Hello!

For the last several months, I have been trying very hard to get my husband to go on a cruise. He found out today about a themed Steampunk cruise, which he is very excited about. I know less than nothing about Steampunk or even themed cruises, so wanted some ideas as to what to expect. I'm not wild about the ship or itinerary (RCI, sailing out of Jersey, and going to Port canaveral, Nassau, and Coco cay- just not the itinerary I would have chosen) So, do I just suck it up and count my lucky stars that he is willing to go on a cruise? It's at the end of February, so I would imagine spring break time as well. Would RCI have their regular shows, if I wanted to see those instead of the Steampuck activities, if I find out its not up my alley?!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice!

Count your lucky stars and start packing:D this is a group theme outing on a regular Royal Caribbean cruise.....you are going to pay a premium for the private concerts and activities but you can also partake in all the regular ship activities during the week

Your husband will be happy because he is a fan, but also he will be surrounded by like minded fans

You will be happy because you have the best of both worlds, you get to enjoy yur cruise and you will have a very happy husband that will want to do the cruise next year, which may have

ports more to your liking

Consider this an early Christmas present....have fun

Would RCI have their regular shows, if I wanted to see those instead of the Steampunk activities, if I find out its not up my alley?!

Hey! I was on the first SP cruise, and my wife and I just signed up for the "2nd Steampunk Cruise." Yes, RCL will have all the regular shows and activities as the Steampunk portion is not an RCL event, but just a mini Steampunk gathering on an RCL ship. If you sign up for the SP cruise, you can attend all the SP activities, but you can always do whatever you want.

www.steampunkcruise.com

We had a real blast at the first one (Navigator of the Seas, New Orleans)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mike

New Orleans by Gaslight local chapter was announced today on the online edition of NOLA which I bet was a byproduct of the 1st Steampunk Cruise out of New Orleans last year that Moosiker was on

I love the motto. "what the past would look like if the future happen sooner" so much I am thinking about joining the local chapter so maybe I will join you on a future theme cruise

Your hubby's passion for all things Steampunk and your passion for cruising seems like the perfect union ;)

• 2 months later...
Hello!

For the last several months, I have been trying very hard to get my husband to go on a cruise. He found out today about a themed Steampunk cruise, which he is very excited about. I know less than nothing about Steampunk or even themed cruises, so wanted some ideas as to what to expect. I'm not wild about the ship or itinerary (RCI, sailing out of Jersey, and going to Port canaveral, Nassau, and Coco cay- just not the itinerary I would have chosen) So, do I just suck it up and count my lucky stars that he is willing to go on a cruise? It's at the end of February, so I would imagine spring break time as well. Would RCI have their regular shows, if I wanted to see those instead of the Steampuck activities, if I find out its not up my alley?!

sounds different might be Fun!!