Pre Cruise Stay in Papeete

Mai Tai Guy

Has anyone stayed at the Intercontinental Beachcomber in Papeete, Tahiti? We booked a OTW bungalow for three nights before the cruise to rest up and explore the island a little bit. I've heard they have excellent pools and an area where you can brush up on snorkeling skills. I bought new equipment for this trip and won't have a chance to test it out before I get to Tahiti. Thanks.

We stayed at the Sheraton (big mistake) while others we sailed with stayed at the IC. We visited the hotel with them the last day just killing some time before our flight. If I ever had to stay anywhere again, it would definitely be at the Beachcomber. Lovely grounds and the OW bungalows are fantastic. Your going to love it.

We did stay the Intercontinental Moorea for 4 nights last December post cruise instead of the one in Papeete in an overwater bungalow...was just great!...the prices are something else. We stayed only 1 night in Papeete as there really isn't a whole lot to see or do.

the Beachcomber is wonderful! the pools are beautiful, and the lagoonarium will be a good place to practice up. If you can pull yourselves away from the pool, you may want to think about taking a ferry to Moorea for a day. Lots to see and do there, and better snorkeling than Tahiti.

Archived