anyone ever done helmet diving?

cibaygirls

I have booked a helmet dive in St. Maarten for an upcoming cruise. I read everywhere that a person can wear glasses during it and that your hair stays dry. My mother is coming with me (her first cruise ever!!!) and she wears a hearing aid. She is concerned that if she doesnt wear it she won't be able to hear, but we are curious if anyone knows if she would be able to wear it?

Has anyone else encountered this dilemma?

Thanks

Dana:)

I have done Helmet Dives in Bermuda a few times and Loved it. There shouldn't be a problem with her wearing the hearing aide but she wouldn't be able to hear much under the water anyway, they communicate with you with hand signals and laminated cards, signs, etc.

The concept is like a glass upside down in water - the air is trapped there (and more is pumped in) and you can even reach up into it and touch your face. if your hair is shoulder length or longer the ends might get wet so wear it up if you really want it to stay dry.

Thank you so much.. It isn't so much being underwater that she wants to hear, it is the leading up to and afterwards. I am sure she will be relieved to hear that; she was worried she wouldn't be able to hear what they were telling her to do.

Archived