Vietnam cruise vs land tour

nanslam

I am considering the Celebrity cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore or a Smartours land tour from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minch which includes Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Will I miss a lot by cruising instead traveling by land? The cruise does not include Angkor Wat.

I am considering the Celebrity cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore or a Smartours land tour from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minch which includes Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Will I miss a lot by cruising instead traveling by land? The cruise does not include Angkor Wat.

I would try asking this question on the Asia boards here at Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70

Jonathan

If you want to get depth then take a land tour.

If you want to see a lot of different areas in Asia and enjoy the comforts of the ship take a cruise.

We have cruised this area several times and will do this again in 2014 and enjoy it quite a bit.

Like most questions along these lines you will not get one conclusive answer. Ask the same question but put in Italy, Alaska or countless other areas and you will not get consensus.

There are tradeoffs. Personally I do not care to pack and unpack throughout my trip so even though I get less depth with a cruise I prefer the comfort of cruising and if there is an area that I want more depth on then I can return on a land vacation or on another cruise.

Keith

My three week land tour of Vietnam Nam was incredible. We saw and experienced Vietnam Nam in a way one can't on a cruise ship.

It depends on what you want to see or know about the country. The people, the culture, the history, the way of life and spending time in areas far from the coast outweighed how many times I had to pack or unpack or move to a new hotel.

Just depends on what you want to get out of the trip. Only you can decide.

Archived