Chankanaab with elderly mother?

sstepson

Hi, guys...

My wife and I are cruising to Cozumel in January with my 72 year old mother. We really want to do some snorkeling/kayaking during our time there, but we would also like somewhere we would feel comfortable bringing mom along for some family time.

We are considering Chankanaab. Does anyone who has been there know if there are places she would be able to relax and read a book (preferably in the shade) while we go snorkeling? She still gets around pretty well, so she could handle some of the nature/wildlife walks that we plan on doing together.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

There's no fee for the chairs. :)

Wow! Thanks!! I can't get my family to commit to any of the excursions, this being one of them, so my husband said just to pick one - and I think I'll pick this! That way, we can just go weather permitting when we get there - I'm guessing taxi's are plentiful? I see admission is like $21 and there's a coupon - any clue what the cab fare may run? There's 8 of us - I just don't want to get roped in to a cab ride that ends up being a "tour" like I got roped into in Roatan!! Thanks mitsugirly!

Wow! Thanks!! I can't get my family to commit to any of the excursions, this being one of them, so my husband said just to pick one - and I think I'll pick this! That way, we can just go weather permitting when we get there - I'm guessing taxi's are plentiful? I see admission is like $21 and there's a coupon - any clue what the cab fare may run? There's 8 of us - I just don't want to get roped in to a cab ride that ends up being a "tour" like I got roped into in Roatan!! Thanks mitsugirly!

Yes, taxi's are more than plentiful getting there AND returning. They have a wonderful system at Chankanaab. They have walkie talkies with all the cab drivers and a lot right there at Chankanaab that they park at. When you are ready to leave, they call one over to the turn around area. No problems at all.

You won't get roped into a tour. Tell them Chankanaab and off you go. It's about a 15 minute taxi ride straight down the road. No worries. :)

I'll look at my picture and see what the rate is for 8 people. I know we paid $16 the last time we went and that was from Punta Lagosta pier (which is the furthest away).

Archived