Self Debark in Barcelona-Time to airport

gubby

Hi Gubby!

yes, there is that option and a cab is about 20 minutes away and cost us about 30 Euros. What time is your flight? We were off early but our flight wasn't out until around 1 and the kiosk wasn't open when we got there so we had to stand in line for over an hour because people kept coming and they kept telling them/us different times and areas so if you have a later flight, don't rush yourselves.

We had no customs at the terminal which I thought was strange, we walked right out with our bags.

If you are doing the same or similar cruise to us you wont need to go through passport control, we are arriving in Barcelona from Monte Carlo next month. The time to the airport is quite short as its almost next to the docks.

Thanks for all the answers. I was hoping that there would be no customs in Spain as we fly to Amsterdam to get the flight to Toronto. Our flight is 9:30 and ship is scheduled in at 5am so we should have few if any problems. This is a flight we changed from 4 to 29 on Novemember when Princess was offering a great price on a further 24 day cruise. We have a 4 hour layover in Amsterdam so lots of time for customs and immigration then.

On a cruise that long, there is a decent chance you will hit a non-Schengen port..

These are the Schengen Countries:

If you are making a stop NOT on this list, then customs will be involved on disembarkation..

Thanks for all the answers. I was hoping that there would be no customs in Spain as we fly to Amsterdam to get the flight to Toronto. Our flight is 9:30 and ship is scheduled in at 5am so we should have few if any problems. This is a flight we changed from 4 to 29 on Novemember when Princess was offering a great price on a further 24 day cruise. We have a 4 hour layover in Amsterdam so lots of time for customs and immigration then.

Sadly as I understand it, yes.

BCN port is fairly fast but you would still be pushing it a bit close for comfort.

Not on the list and a port stop on the cruise are Turkey, Croatia, and Montenego. so I guess we will be be involved with customs. There goes our quick debark, and perhaps our flight time.

We were on a cruise last year that stopped in Turkey and ended in Barcelona. We self-disembarked - it was a breeze-we just walked off- and there was no customs. We had arranged a tour of Barcelona so we walked off at 8 but we could have gone earlier.

Not on the list and a port stop on the cruise are Turkey, Croatia, and Montenego. so I guess we will be be involved with customs. There goes our quick debark, and perhaps our flight time.

We did Croatia and Turkey on our Greek Isles cruise in June and didn't have to show the passport from Venice until we got to the airport at Rome. I would be VERY surprised if they did a passport/customs check. They look at the last port you came from not necessarily the whole cruise.

Archived