B2B On the Freedom ~ August 18th & 25th: My Diary

maxs mom

Well.....here we are. The cruise is over.

We got our 5:30 wake up call and we were just docking at that time. We opted not to have breakfast on board this morning. We had early luggage tags and wanted to get off the ship and on the road as soon as we could. We had a long drive that day.

So we got all packed up and said good-bye to yet another wonderful cabin steward' date=' Nowell.[/size']

DSC00631_zps53ad42ac.jpg

We went down to Pharoah's to wait until they called our number. I grabbed a muffin and some coffee there. Fortunately we ran into Al and Phyllis one last time. We said good-bye to them. We will see them again in December on the Independence.....Yay!!

DSC00960_zps909db5c7.jpg

We were called off at about 7:20. After walking the length of the ship, we were able to get off, get our luggage off the carousel, and go through customs easily. We went out to the pick up area and waited on our shuttle to Park and Cruise. We waited for about 10 minutes and just barely got on that shuttle. We got to our car and on the road at 8:14.

Here we go:

DSC00961_zpsa1e7b71f.jpg

DSC00962_zps84f41aad.jpg

We found a McDonald's and had some breakfast to go. Fortunately it was a beautiful day and there was not much traffic. We made it home a mere 11 hours later!

Here we are passing through Jacksonville:

DSC00964_zps26acf8f7.jpg

DSC00965_zps22944944.jpg

We were totally exhausted when we got home. Usually after a cruise, I have to go back to school the next day, so it was wonderful to be able to sleep in and not worry about that. Now all I had to do was tackle all that laundry!!

Jane, it looks like you drove through the center of Jacksonville. We started using the eastern half of I-295 (probably marked Jacksonville Beaches from I-95) and then we rejoin I-95 going toward Daytona. It seems shorter and is easier to drive. You go over the Dames Point Bridge. Less construction too -- Jacksonville always seems to be torn up. Here is a link to a map: http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/map/google_map_Jacksonville.htm Edited by SherriZ366

Wendy I also will get it on the Explorer because of the waters. I don't drink much soda but love the Dasani! Scott drinks a LOT of soda so he always gets the package.

I love that all those flavored waters are in there. I think I got Diet Coke once from that machine.....all the rest was water. Wish I was going with you on Explorer!! Miss you!

Do you know if Orange Fever has wifi access? We won't be going to Orient this time around on Freedom but I'm curious for future visits as DH always likes to catch up on news from back home!

I don't believe it did, but I am not positive on that. I try to stay away from the internet while on a cruise. I check in with my kids and DH on FB with a private inbox message. IT loads quickly and I can hit all of them with a message all at one time.

JohnGaltny......Thanks so much. Sorry we didn't run in to you, too. Did you come to the M&M?

dsvd......Thanks for reading!!

Sherri......Palm Beach is easy to get to. Thanks for the tip on Jacksonville. We were lucky that day. It was the Sunday of Labor Day Week-end so there was not much traffic at all .....all the way home.

Wendy.....You're the best. Hope to cruise with you again.

Dave.....Enjoy your CP balcony. I have no doubt that our paths will cross again! Hope you are enjoying Florida.

Great review, Jane. Sandy and I enjoyed cruising with you and John. Hope to see you on another cruise in the future.

Gerry

Wendy and I figured out "who" you HAD been on our roll call. Guess you changed cc names to "win" at meet and mingle", since you had seen how it was done the previous week!:p

Jane, thank you so much for the superior job of doing this review!!! It was very time consuming, I'm sure! I have enjoyed all the photos, suggestions for ports and the fun happenings around the ship. Wendy and I missed Michael in the concierge lounge......guess we were having dinner. Then, we also missed Willie's performance. I had seen him before and had, on this cruise, presented him with a video cd of that night! He left for vacation last Sunday, so we'll have a different concierge in October. Some nights the concierge lounge seemed a little stuffy and crowded, so we made our way up to 14 and the diamond lounge and overflow. We met several nice couples there, also. Take care and enjoy your retirement. I'm sure our cruise paths will cross again as much as we both cruise! Maybe next time John will enjoy your company as well!

Wendy and I figured out "who" you HAD been on our roll call. Guess you changed cc names to "win" at meet and mingle", since you had seen how it was done the previous week!:p

Ha ha!!! Gerry.....you were found out!! You've got to admit......he DID come up with a good screen name!!

Kay.....such a pleasure cruising with you. I DO hope our paths will cross again.....and by all means let your John come along!!

soccerdad.......so glad to be of help. I hope you enjoy Nachi!!

Jane, just emailed Willie, and told him about the nice pics you posted and comments you made! I told him that we are now 'sweet sisters' thanks to him!!!

He's actually got his contract extended until November!!! He will leave the FR on the 15, and he'll be boarding the EN on the 16, until November, then he's going home until Jan, and just told me that he doesn't know which ship he'll go on: FR or EN!!!

He thanks you for the kind words!!!

Just waiting to see you and John and our other friends, in Dec!

Take care and thanks for the review!!!

Franca

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Nancy.....Thanks so much for following along!!

Sweet Sista Franca......Wow......that is some news about Willie! Gerry and Sandy .....did you hear that? Willie will be on the Enchantment when you are there! Franca.....can't wait to see you and Bill in December!

cruzegurl......Hope you can do that B2B one of these days. They are so much fun!

Jane, it looks like you drove through the center of Jacksonville. We started using the eastern half of I-295 (probably marked Jacksonville Beaches from I-95) and then we rejoin I-95 going toward Daytona. It seems shorter and is easier to drive. You go over the Dames Point Bridge. Less construction too -- Jacksonville always seems to be torn up. Here is a link to a map: http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/map/google_map_Jacksonville.htm

Thanks for the tip- we have always followed I-95 thru Jacksonville ignoring our GPS because "that is what we always do". Next time we head north we will give it a try. (I guess I don't trust the GPS because it always wants to take us on I-4 throught the agony that is Orlando instead of the 417 which is longer, has tolls but not the congestion that is on I-4:))

Just wanted to say thank you for the very wonderful review. It was fun seeing all of the pictures. My wife and I were on the 2nd half of your b2b and would play cards in the CL near the entrance each night, I recognize many of the faces :).

And yes very busy in the CL that week!

Edited by skagen

Just wanted to say thank you for the very wonderful review. It was fun seeing all of the pictures. My wife and I were on the 2nd half of your b2b and would play cards in the CL near the entrance each night, I recognize many of the faces :).

And yes very busy in the CL that week!

Yes, it was. Glad you enjoyed the review!

Thanks for the tip- we have always followed I-95 thru Jacksonville ignoring our GPS because "that is what we always do". Next time we head north we will give it a try. (I guess I don't trust the GPS because it always wants to take us on I-4 throught the agony that is Orlando instead of the 417 which is longer, has tolls but not the congestion that is on I-4:))
I think I'll like the new route.

Is the worst traffic on I-4 around Orlando or is there always construction along the whole road? To drive to Tampa from SC, would it be a good route to take get off I-4 at 417 and then rejoin I-4 around Celebration? We have been taking I-295 west to I-10 and then picking up I-75. My brother recommends taking 301 through Central Fl. but we did not like the speed traps.

Thanks

Edited by SherriZ366

Jane, just emailed Willie, and told him about the nice pics you posted and comments you made! I told him that we are now 'sweet sisters' thanks to him!!!

He's actually got his contract extended until November!!! He will leave the FR on the 15, and he'll be boarding the EN on the 16, until November, then he's going home until Jan, and just told me that he doesn't know which ship he'll go on: FR or EN!!!

He thanks you for the kind words!!!

Just waiting to see you and John and our other friends, in Dec!

Take care and thanks for the review!!!

Franca

FR & EN's concierge assignments are totally confusing. Rahul seems to be going to FR and Willie is taking over for Reyno on EN while he is on vacation. This just happened this week. Can see how Willie is unsure about what ship he will be on when he comes back from Vacation. The Current Concierge thread has been really hopping this week.

I need to go check out the Concierge thread.

Sherri....Thanks for all the driving tips!

I'm confused about the concierges too! Now, they have 3 people going on EN!!!! I bet that the crew cabin, will be real crowded!!!! Hehe :)

I sent Willie a pic,with an email, of Bill and he answered me that he'll take it with him on EN!!!

So, he's going, at least he think so! :)

Hope that he won't pack everything and then RC will cancel his moving to EN!!! :(

I'm waiting for him to send the email, where I can keep in touch!!!

The confusion will continue, at least until Monday, when the new concierge should be boarding the EN!

If I get new Infos, I'll post them on CC concierge post!!!

Have a nice day

Franca