B2B On the Freedom ~ August 18th & 25th: My Diary

maxs mom

We went to lunch in the WJ next. We went early to hopefully beat the crowds, but that was not happening! However it was extremely nice to be able to take our lunch into Chops to eat.

DSC00656_zpsb76f6add.jpg

DSC00654_zpsf6137578.jpg

This afternoon we went to see the Loyalty Ambassador to get some Next Cruise Certificates. I wandered around for a while and ended up at the Café Promenade for some coffee and people watching......always fun. The rest of the afternoon was spent in the cabin reading on the balcony and watching the ocean go by......nothing more relaxing. We have really had some smooth sailing. There is a gentle vibration in the aft of the ship and that makes it nice, too.

DSC00628_zps75465f6e.jpg

We had a delightful time in the CL tonight with Al and Phyllis and Gerry and Sandy.

DSC00733_zps5219ee77.jpg

Dinner tonight was in yet another area of the dining room. This week we would be all over the place. At no time did we have any bad service.....that was always great. We just didn't have the chance to bond with anybody this week.

I had the filet of sole:

DSC00666_zpsf24d0bcb.jpg

For dessert they had sugar free vanilla, so we both got that. Here is our waitress, Elizabeth......who was delightful, by the way.....delivering the ice cream to John.

DSC00735_zps6a4afb5f.jpg

That night in the dining room, there was a point where a lot of the Officers made a little parade through the MDR. They did this the first week also. And the Officers were quite visible throughout the ship all the time. They were mingling with the passengers more than I've ever seen on any other ship. They came through the Concierge Lounge pretty much every night as well....chatting and shaking hands.

DSC00734_zps2b3a13a1.jpg

These two girls did a great job of managing and seating everyone for MTD. That's got to be a hard job!!

DSC00736_zps4c33bf7a.jpg

After dinner we were able to catch the end of Spectrum's show again. These guys are great!! Don't miss them if you have the opportunity to sail on a ship where they are performing.

DSC00667_zps33a6bb72.jpg

DSC00668_zps80244323.jpg

We turned in after that!

Edited by max'smom

Yep! We're about ready to go again' date=' too. Although I have 5 pounds to lose first!! Will have to wait until next month, though. Can't wait 'til December. Will be a good time![/size']

Wishing you the best on your weight loss goal. Check out the book , "Shred" by Dr. Ian K. Smith. Remarkable!

Well.....I have made a mistake! I know.......it's hard to believe......but somehow I missed writing about the first formal night which was on the night of Coco Cay......I apologize! I will now tell you about that night very quickly before I go on with St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

So tonight is formal night. We met up with Al and Phyllis and Gerry and Sandy in the CL. Great time. The CL is really crowded this week. I overheard a suite guest complaining to Willie this morning about wanting the Pinnacle and D+ people out of the CL. I just kept my head down!

DSC00584_zps4c0f7cd0.jpg

DSC00583_zpsc488a2d4.jpg

I met up with Wendy and Kay......our very own Pink Boa Ladies!! Such fun.....

DSC00582_zpscdb6d40d.jpg

They were generous in sharing their boas for picture taking!

DSC00587_zps7bf1d37d.jpg

DSC00589_zps0706209c.jpg

DSC00590_zpsd407afa4.jpg

A very nice thing happened tonight. A young man came over to me in the CL and asked if I was Max's Mom. He was a Pinnacle member and he said that he and his family always enjoyed reading my reviews. He just had the nicest things to say and I was so humbled. That just made me feel so good. It was so nice to run into them all week. I enjoyed talking with them. What a nice family!

We were seated right away in the dining room tonight. I had a wonderful smoked chicken and apple appetizer that I have never had before. It was delicious. I also had a salad that I had never had before and it, too, was delicious. The filet of beef was excellent.....cooked just the way I like it and I had the chocolate soufflé for dessert. I haven't had that in a long time and it was mighty good. One of the reasons for the 5 pound weight gain.

DSC00597_zpsa6a5e6ed.jpg

Gerry and Sandy sat behind us and when Gerry got his Caesar Salad tonight, he wanted to model it for my review!!!

DSC00595_zps9ae6c7e7.jpg

More magic tricks tonight:

DSC00596_zps5f4848ce.jpg

Dinner took a very long time tonight for some reason. After taking the nightly bridge shot, we strolled the Promenade ad turned in.

DSC00599_zps29f46e98.jpg

This neat little guy was waiting on us. Nowell, our cabin steward this week, was really good at towel animals!

DSC_0496_zps4f42421a.jpg

DSC_0498_zps25b085e8.jpg

As usual Jane, I am thoroughly enjoying your review. Always feel as though we are right there with you and John. Looking forward to December and a multi-toe shot!

Good talking with you this afternoon! I am enjoying planning our December cruise!! Can't wait.....and can't wait for that foot shot!!

I have always loved your reviews over the years. I keep notes in my phone for the ports and almost every one will start out by saying "Max's mom says....." ! Thanks for all of the great tips you have provided. We went to Nachi for the first time thanks to you and I still love it after many visits". The last time we were there, in May of this year, only 12 people were registered and 7 were our group. It felt like our own private paradise. Congratulations on your retirement and please keep providing all of us with great reviews.

Edited by NeuroQueen

Jane, it was great cruising with you and John, and all the others we met. Wendy and I had so much fun on the Freedom that after arriving home Sunday night, we checked cruise pricing Monday. As soon as my travel agent's office opened Tuesday, I called and booked Wendy and me on a b2b for October 20 and 27. Thanks for the great review and photos!! Hope to cruise with you again soon!:D

(a big hello to all the others from our cruise!!):D

Whewwww! I am caught up on your review. Loving all the pictures and it seems you meet and know lots of people! I can't wait to go on Freedom in October and do the same!

I went a few years ago and one of my fav places was the shuffleboard deck. No one was usually there and I could sit and read my book in peace with the wind blowing off the ocean. Heaven. Can't wait to do it again, although the first leg of our b2b in Oct we have a balcony. I'll probably love it so much I never want to leave!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!:)

We had the ship to ourselves for just a little while. We roamed around a bit. I was saddened to see how some passengers left their cabins. So much mess and trash all over the place. Disgusting! June and George said their cabin was full of sand. It took a while to clean that up so they were delayed getting into their new cabin.

The Presidential Suite was just around the corner from us' date=' so we went to take a peek at that. I think one of our roll call members had this cabin booked for the coming week. Very nice![/size']

DSC00513_zpsfebbb652.jpg

DSC00512_zps889d2d12.jpg

DSC00514_zpsfd7be036.jpg

DSC00515_zps0934d146.jpg

Several bedrooms and bathrooms in this thing!

Thank you so much for posting these. We will be in the PS in December, so it's great to have something to look at while we wait. I could just hug you. :D:p

BTW - congrats on your retirement, and thank you for your years of dedication to teaching!!

Oh my goodness - almost forgot -

HAPPY RETIREMENT, JANE!!!! :)

Barb

Ditto from me..........Congratulations on your Retirement!!!! I also retired this past June and so far I'm loving it! We're on the Quantum with Kay, Wendy and a bunch of other Pink Boa's along with Barb who posted above. It really is a monster roll call!!!

Loving all the pictures in your review!

Patty

Thanks everyone!

NeuroQueen......OMG notes on your phone!! Impressive! Glad you enjoyed Nachi. It was a bit crowded for us this time, but still great and much better than some of the other places along that same beach.

Kay.....Good for you on that B2B. That's so relaxing! y'all have a great time.....I know you always do!

Nick.....yes, we always have a great time! Thanks for reading.

RubyDog......Glad you saw those pictures. You are gonna love the PS. The balcony is amazing. We got lost in there just trying to take pictures. So great.

Barb......Wendy and Kay are the best!! You will have so much fun!

Patty....thanks! This retirement thing is the best. I used to have this horrible dread every Sunday night.....last night was just so nice! And I'm still in my jammies drinking coffee now!