Tortola BVI went last year & going again

gamecockinnc

Hi,

Last year we went to Tortola. We decided to do something on our own and I had my research of beaches we could visit on our own. The weather started out with rain and we didn't know if we could make a beach day out of it. We ended up joining a open air safari bus tour. It was very inexpensive $20 per person. Our driver took us all over and up and down the very, very steep roads. And he stopped at scenic areas. We then stopped briefly at old but still in use rum distillery and then were on to Cane Garden Beach (where we could rent chairs for the hour we were there). All in all it was in a great tour.

But I regretted not booking the Jost Van Dyke Beach Escape with Lunch. From what we could see from our vantage point very high on Tortola and we spoke to a few people who did this excursion who had a wonderful time.

I am looking for feedback and information from anyone that has done this excursion. I will also look into private excursions on BVI but the 3:00 pm sail time worries me.

Any feedback or advice is welcome!

Hi,

Last year we went to Tortola. We decided to do something on our own and I had my research of beaches we could visit on our own. The weather started out with rain and we didn't know if we could make a beach day out of it. We ended up joining a open air safari bus tour. It was very inexpensive $20 per person. Our driver took us all over and up and down the very, very steep roads. And he stopped at scenic areas. We then stopped briefly at old but still in use rum distillery and then were on to Cane Garden Beach (where we could rent chairs for the hour we were there). All in all it was in a great tour.

But I regretted not booking the Jost Van Dyke Beach Escape with Lunch. From what we could see from our vantage point very high on Tortola and we spoke to a few people who did this excursion who had a wonderful time.

I am looking for feedback and information from anyone that has done this excursion. I will also look into private excursions on BVI but the 3:00 pm sail time worries me.

Any feedback or advice is welcome!

You should post your BVI questions on the Tortola forum for the best feedback.

How long you are in port determines what your best options are. Are you there from 7:30 - 3? If so that doesn't give you very much time to relax in White Bay. But let me what time you arrive, you can decide between Jost's and say Brewers Bay on Tortola.

Archived