Do they charge if your suitcase is over fifty pounds?

ndharper10

From Carnival's FAQs:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds (22.68 Kilograms) and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (40.64 cm x 60.96 cm); there are no length restrictions.

That said, in the past, I know my luggage may have been maybe 5lbs over and I've never been charged.

From Carnival's FAQs:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds (22.68 Kilograms) and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (40.64 cm x 60.96 cm); there are no length restrictions.

That said, in the past, I know my luggage may have been maybe 5lbs over and I've never been charged.

Yea i know what the guidelines say. Thats why i was wondering what happens when its ovr fifty lol thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

I always worry that mine weighs more than 50 when I fly, but it never does. The most its weighed was 35 lbs. I can't imagine packing that much into one suitcase to cause it to weigh 60 lbs. Not only is it hard on the stewards, its hard on my back!!!

It isn't hard if you are flying with two bottle of wine. That's about 7-8 pounds right there.

The second thing that adds weight are toiletries, no matter how much I try to minimize the size. Face wipes, potty wipes, lotion, sun screen, bug spray, conditioner, hair spray, mouth wash, tooth paste, and make up. There's another 10 pounds.

After an episode of repacking our luggage while in line at the airport, we now have a luggage scale that we use to keep it under 50lbs ( some airlines are now 40lbs ). But that's only when we fly, if drive we don't worry as much about it, but still try and keep the weight down. Cruise lines have never charged for overweight bags, I don't think they even weigh them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived