Port Everglades to Port of Miami Transportation

oceansandseas

I have searched CC but could not find the answer. DH and I need transportation from Fort Lauderdale cruise port to Miami cruise port in January.

We have a cruise booked from Port of Miami but we do not have air yet. I saw another short cruise from Port Everglades that arrives back the same day that out Miami cruise starts. I am tempted to book it. However I have not been able to find transportation where I can go from port to port. I could get a private limo I guess, but do not wish to spend lots of money. Transportation sites all ask port to airport, or reverse. Is port to port done often? Would there be a regular shuttle that I can not find? The day would be January 23, 2014.

I am sure that a taxi would be quite expensive. Unless they have a set rate, I would not want to take a taxi.

We are flying from Canada and therefore must come in a few days early. If I do not book another cruise, could someone please advise on a nice hotel in Miami. We have never stayed in Miami however, we know Fort Lauderdale quite well. Clean room, moderately priced and maybe airport and cruise port transportation. We do not need any luxuries at the hotel. We will get them when we cruise. lol.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Taxi will be about $80-85; limo/car service will be slightly cheaper (unless you book the stretch Hummer :rolleyes:). You should be able to book shuttle service with QLS or MJS or Go Airport Shuttle for about $15+per person, but they may run you past the FLL airport to pick up more passengers.

Since you have time, you might consider a one-way rental so that you can stop and shop for cruise supplies. Hertz in downtown Miami offers free POM shuttles, and National/Alamo/Thrifty also offer free POM shuttles from their MIA airport location. The ride will take 40-45+ minutes. Good luck! :)

Thanks John I will look into those companies. That sounds like the best solution even though we might have to go to the airport to pick up other passengers. After I wrote last night I realized that since it was not a normal transfer, we should just go from Port Everglades to FLL and then take a transfer to Port of Miami.

Renting a car would be good. However, we are Canadian seniors who are not used to driving in heavy traffic and do not really know the area. I can read maps, but hubby does not hear when I say to turn at the next light. lol Better to take a transfer and arrive rested. He is a dear though.

Through the internet I have requested, from the City of Miami, maps of their public transit. That is for if we decide to just take the second cruise and stay a few days before in Miami. It has been about 10 weeks now, so maybe I should re request.

I noticed that you said you are seniors, but another option would be to take a taxi to the Tri-Rail station at Fort Lauderdale and then take the train to Metrorail station in Miami to transfer to the Metrorail system to the Overtown Station in downtown Miami. You could get a cab from that station to the port. I am not sure how much you will want to drag your suitcases, but it is an option to look at. I personally tend to fly into FLL and then take the Tri-Rail to Miami to catch a cruise, and I walk to the port (but that is a bit of a slog over a bridge.. me and my partner is in the late 20s/early 30s). I hope that this helps a bit with knowing the mass transit options.

Archived