How far in advance is it necessary to book Nachi Cocum

Jeafl

We will be there during a spring break week (Last week of March), and we need reservations for 7 people. Should I do it now or can we wait awhile? The deposit is $77 which is not a huge deal, but it is also non-refundable should anything go wrong.

They do limit the amount of people that they allow there each day. So booking as far in advance if it's really the place you want to go is usually best so that you don't get shut out if they are full and have to make different arrangements. If you are going there during Spring Break week, even more of a reason to book early. :)

Also, you do realize the following are refundable:

CANCELATION POLICIES

Your deposit at the moment of your reservation is non refundable.

However in the following situations, we will do an exception (none automatic refunds will proceed, please contact us) :

1. In the event that you Ship will not be able to visit the Port of Cozumel your deposit will be 100% refunded. (Limited to your particular Cruise not visiting the Port during your cruise).
  2. In case of an inclement weather . The policy is in effect for Hurricane only, not for lesser impacting storm or rain and just if the beach club is closed.
  3. Cancellation due to change in ships itinerary. If you already have a confirmation with us and if your ship is changing its itinerary and visits Cozumel Port on an earlier or later date, please contact us in order to re-schedule your beach break. If re-scheduling is not possible, your deposit will be refunded. Refunds do not apply to a change in arrival time of your ship.

So unless you just decide not to go or for some reason you cancel your cruise all together, you are pretty safe. :)

I was freaking out about booking our 6 people for April 2014, back in May.

We have 6 ships in port, including each lines monstosity (Allure, Epic Car. Magic), with 20,000 people in port.

3 groups, just from our roll call had already booked.

With only 100 spots, if you REALLY want Nachi, ASAP is your answer.

If you really aren't that attached to Nachi, then gamble and just go to Mr. Sanchos or Palancar if Nachi fills up....

Bill

Thanks all! I was nervous about needing 7 spots, so I went ahead and booked. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a beautiful day since they only refund in case of a hurricane, not just because of bad weather.

One excursion down, three to go!

Thanks all! I was nervous about needing 7 spots, so I went ahead and booked. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a beautiful day since they only refund in case of a hurricane, not just because of bad weather.

One excursion down, three to go!

Hurricane in March? :confused: Only if you order a few from the bar will you have any hurricane worries. :rolleyes:

You should worry more about spring breakers (another reason to book Nachi), because the season for hurricanes runs from June-Nov.

Hurricane in March? :confused: Only if you order a few from the bar will you have any hurricane worries. :rolleyes:

You should worry more about spring breakers (another reason to book Nachi), because the season for hurricanes runs from June-Nov.

LOL! I'm not worried aout a hurricane, just a thunderstorm which would put quite a damper on the day. ;) i just meant that they don't refund for anything but a hurricane.

Spring breakers are one of the reason we chose Nachi. My guess is that college kids wouldn't want to pay $55 a person and will go to the public beaches.

If we book Nachi and pay the deposit for 3 people and decide that day for some reason we didn't want to get off the ship, do they charge the remaining amount to our credit card? I can't see any reason why we wouldn't go but was just wondering just in case. Anyone know? TIA!

Mary

If we book Nachi and pay the deposit for 3 people and decide that day for some reason we didn't want to get off the ship, do they charge the remaining amount to our credit card? I can't see any reason why we wouldn't go but was just wondering just in case. Anyone know? TIA!

Mary

Yes they charge your card if you are a no show and your ship makes port.

Would be a horrible business plan to allow people to reserve some of the 100 spots available for each day, turn people away after filling the 100 spots, then allow people to cancel, willy nilly, for whatever reason.

They do refund your deposit if your ship doesn't make port, for whatever reason.

They also allow you to move your reservation, if your ship's itinerary changes and they still have space on the new day. (this happened to us once)

Bill

Yes they charge your card if you are a no show and your ship makes port.

Would be a horrible business plan to allow people to reserve some of the 100 spots available for each day, turn people away after filling the 100 spots, then allow people to cancel, willy nilly, for whatever reason.

They do refund your deposit if your ship doesn't make port, for whatever reason.

They also allow you to move your reservation, if your ship's itinerary changes and they still have space on the new day. (this happened to us once)

Bill

Thanks. I would plan to go but sometimes things do happen. I went there years ago and had a great day.

What if we cancelled ahead of time? Do you know if that still applies? (I emailed them these questions last week and haven't heard a reply.)

Thanks. I would plan to go but sometimes things do happen. I went there years ago and had a great day.

What if we cancelled ahead of time? Do you know if that still applies? (I emailed them these questions last week and haven't heard a reply.)

I totally understand, as on one of our trips, I had snorkeled in Grand Cayman and got severely sunburned and almost didn't get to make Nachi on the last port day of the cruise. (never left the pool except for the bathroom and lunch. Felt amazing on the sunburn.):D

I'm sure someone in here has the answer.

Maybe start a new thread with Nachi cancellation policy in the title, as someone who knows for sure, is skipping this thread about how far in advance...

Bill

I totally understand, as on one of our trips, I had snorkeled in Grand Cayman and got severely sunburned and almost didn't get to make Nachi on the last port day of the cruise. (never left the pool except for the bathroom and lunch. Felt amazing on the sunburn.):D

I'm sure someone in here has the answer.

Maybe start a new thread with Nachi cancellation policy in the title, as someone who knows for sure, is skipping this thread about how far in advance...

Bill

Thanks again. Cozumel is our third and final stop. I actually just said yesterday that I wish our cruise was doing the route in reverse (starting in Cozumel and ending in Jamaica.) :D

Don't worry about "rowdy" at Nachi. We were there in July and a group of 8 in their late 20's/early 30's decided to get loud and obnoxious. Ejection was prompt and efficient. They mean it when they say "spring break" atmosphere isn't tolerated.

If I am reading their website correctly, the deposit is non-refundable if you decide to cancel. However, I don't think they charge the balance on your credit card. They only do that for no-shows.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't gotten back to you. They emailed me back with a few hours when I emailed them a question. Maybe you should email them agan.

Don't worry about "rowdy" at Nachi. We were there in July and a group of 8 in their late 20's/early 30's decided to get loud and obnoxious. Ejection was prompt and efficient. They mean it when they say "spring break" atmosphere isn't tolerated.

That is good to hear.

Luckily in four trips to Nachi, we have yet to experience rowdy behavior. (knocks on wood)

Bill

They actually kicked them out? Very interesting. I'll have to keep my 70-year old parents in line! ;)

Archived