NCL Pride of America, Remodeled Deck 13 ...Suites anyone?

CactusFlower527

Our travel agent has booked us into 13004 . This is a SE penthouse but has both a connecting door and a Murphy bed ( which we don't need ) .

Has anyone stayed in this type of cabin ? It is hard to see how these features are arranged and we are concerned about noise through the connecting door as well as loss of space with both a Murphy bed plus a sofa bed . Is there a photo some where ?

Our travel agent has booked us into 13004 . This is a SE penthouse but has both a connecting door and a Murphy bed ( which we don't need ) .

Has anyone stayed in this type of cabin ? It is hard to see how these features are arranged and we are concerned about noise through the connecting door as well as loss of space with both a Murphy bed plus a sofa bed . Is there a photo some where ?

Murphy Beds just fold up into the wall, so you so don't really lose any space.. if you don't use it, it just stays folded up into the wall ... I believe most of the larger (balcony, ocean view) cabins, not just suites, have sofa beds in them.... if you don't use them for sleeping, they are just sofas to sit on.

we're sailing in 5 weeks in suite 13502 (class SD).. pictures when we return :D

This picture shows the Murphy bed. It doesn't take up a lot of space if not used. As for connecting doors, we had one in our suite (8202) and we occasionally could hear the people next door to us, but very rarely.

ImageUploadedByForums1396792602.308620.jpg.ea34a5c46754e5bf1d2a6cab85669a28.jpg

Edited by ksimpso3

• 1 month later...

CactusFlower

I know you just got back but could you post pictures or at least say how you liked the room. My wife and I staying in the exact same room leaving on May 24 and are anxious to get any information on the room.

Thank you.

CactusFlower

I know you just got back but could you post pictures or at least say how you liked the room. My wife and I staying in the exact same room leaving on May 24 and are anxious to get any information on the room.

Thank you.

Will do.... strangely one of the first albums I put together was of the stateroom and ship .. I think you're going to love it. the deck is HUGE!!!!!!!!!

Tip - if that stupid coffee maker locks up or malfunctions (it did it to us a few times) there's a switch in the back to turn it off and on, and that fixes it. Hopefully you get our cabin steward, Jonathan... he was great. The butler... (Amanda?) I'll let you form your own opinion on. Thomas the concierge.. we saw him at breakfast .. he's basically Amanda's boss.

anyhow, here are the photos: SUITE 13502

Let me add that it would be a HUGE stretch to say that this suite sleeps 6 .... unless 4 are children. There is a nice king bed, but the murphy bed looked like a double. Not sure what the couch-bed was, since we never used it - maybe it, too, was a double or queen. the fact is - this suite only has 1 bathroom - so can you imagine 6 people trying to share 1 bathroom. at least there was a double vanity.

I loved the whirlpool tub, but be careful of the water displacement factor (when you have the jets turned on)....when you move around, otherwise you'll do what I do and put an inch of water on the floor and use up every towel trying to mop it up.

there is a step up to the shower and toilet areas...my mom who is only around 5' tall had a problem exiting the shower stall and almost slipped and fell a few times.

It rained almost every night and so the padded furniture on the deck were unusable until they dried off.

Great info and great pictures thank you very much. We did have 5 in the room, but thought better of it and booked my oldest son an inside cabin to sleep and shower in. Both my boys are adults so they may both choose to sleep in that room but spend most of their awake time when we are on the ship in our room.

Any other tips or tricks? My wife heard or read something about a private breakfast or lunch for folks staying in this class of cabin.

Thanks again. Your info and photos made us look forward to our trip even more than we already were.

56 hours to go

Great info and great pictures thank you very much. We did have 5 in the room, but thought better of it and booked my oldest son an inside cabin to sleep and shower in. Both my boys are adults so they may both choose to sleep in that room but spend most of their awake time when we are on the ship in our room.

Any other tips or tricks? My wife heard or read something about a private breakfast or lunch for folks staying in this class of cabin.

Thanks again. Your info and photos made us look forward to our trip even more than we already were.

56 hours to go

Yes, breakfast and lunch is at Cagney's for the suite life folks. We were ushered from the terminal by our butler and she showed/explained all that to us. Except for Friday (Kauai) where we had to be on the ship super early - we were hardly on the ship during lunch. We were basically getting off at 8 am and back on not until 4-5 pm or so.

ps- we had an inside cabin as well ................

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned this past Monday from Hawaii.

I'd have to say we could not have asked for a better experience. We absolutely loved our Suite! We were in Suite 13000. It was just my husband and myself and this suite is huge, and the balcony was the biggest we had ever seen.

Our Stewardess was Lucia, Butler was Ida and Thomas was our concierge.

They were all outstanding. Service was first class from beginning to end.

We have just booked our next cruise with NCL. We can only hope that our next experience is as good as our last.

Happy Sailing everyone,

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked 13002 sailing May 30, 2015 for family of 6 from Alabama, kids will be ages 9, 12, 15 and 17. I would appreciate any any tips or advice concerning pre/post cruise tours, hotels, shore excursions, flights, etc. I'm just starting to research and the amount of information is overwhelming! Thank you, Mike

We just returned this past Monday from Hawaii.

I'd have to say we could not have asked for a better experience. We absolutely loved our Suite! We were in Suite 13000. It was just my husband and myself and this suite is huge, and the balcony was the biggest we had ever seen.

Our Stewardess was Lucia, Butler was Ida and Thomas was our concierge.

They were all outstanding. Service was first class from beginning to end.

We have just booked our next cruise with NCL. We can only hope that our next experience is as good as our last.

Happy Sailing everyone,

Cindy

What was the view like? Were there people visible on the deck below you?

And... were *you* visible by others?

We've really been waiting for various first-hand reports from Deck 13, forward suites (or forward/side).

Thanks.

GeezerCouple

We've really been waiting for various first-hand reports from Deck 13, forward suites (or forward/side).

Thanks.

GeezerCouple

The suites on Deck 13 are great. we had Suite 13502... suite was 500' square feet, deck was 490' square feet. The bridge was below us, above us an open observation deck - the people above can only see you if you are out by the railing, otherwise, there is a canopy cover that goes most of the way out.

I have sent in my reviews of the cruise, stateroom, and ports/shore excursions.... and it's here on CC. I think it will be a stretch for 6 people.... King bed , double murphy (not queen) - not sure what the couch bed was...(didn't use it). We had 3 adults in the suite, and that was enough people for us. . Only 1 bathroom in these particular suites. Some will need to shower at night before bed and some in the morning..

we honestly were not on the ship much ... we spent most of our time on the islands.

Thanks.

GeezerCouple

Views were amazing !

People could see us from above if we were at the railing but a good part is covered by a white awning . You could relax comfortably without being seen if you wished . The balcony in the suite we stayed in we were told it's the largest in the NCL fleet .

I would recommend it for sure.

Just booked 13002 sailing May 30, 2015 for family of 6 from Alabama, kids will be ages 9, 12, 15 and 17. I would appreciate any any tips or advice concerning pre/post cruise tours, hotels, shore excursions, flights, etc. I'm just starting to research and the amount of information is overwhelming! Thank you, Mike

We saw the cabin you booked . No idea why they say that suite holds 6 people . To me it seems too small for that many people but that is just my opinion. It may work since your children are young . There would be no way for 6 adults would fit .

We saw the cabin you booked . No idea why they say that suite holds 6 people . To me it seems too small for that many people but that is just my opinion. It may work since your children are young . There would be no way for 6 adults would fit .

Agreed, most of their kids are older kids though.. the 15/17 year old are adults by all practical purposes.

just some advice .. you may want to explore one of the more inexpensive family inside cabins as an 'extra' cabin - if that is at all feasible.

• 2 weeks later...
NCL's floor plans are up to date however the rep isn;t. But here are some pics from a paid website that I was able to get . You'll see the penthouse balconies on deck 13 overlooking pool, the pool is on deck 11 so you'll have 1 deck of cabins under you but not in the penthouses , in the pic it looks like Key West Bar, so your actually looking down 2 decks to the pool.

I personally would not select these penthouse at the back due to noise and if in fact the bar is still there right under you'll it could be annoying.

I dont know what your needs are but having done this cruise three times and all b2b we stayed in Aft balcony deck 9 or 10 but also look at the corner family suits that have been re categorized to P/H the you'' have huge wrap around balconies.

The aft of ship is really where you want to be because if there is lava flowing on starboard side you'll be able to see it and Napali is on portside so you'll be able to see it to.I have some pics of 9698 and 10678.

Hi Ilovesailing, I was hoping you would have some insight...

I am deciding on a 2BR Family Suite and was offered 10678. But I've read that it was right under the Aloha Cafe and may have noise from above or garbage coming down to the balcony type of issues. Should I try to ask if they have 9698 available instead? I'm not sure if you've had any experience in these suites, but I saw that you mentioned you had pictures of these cabins. Any help would be great. I have a hold on this until tomorrow morning (sorry I just saw your post)... I've never done a Suite before, just insides! This will be for my sister's vow renewals next summer, so we'll have 3 adults and 2 children (3,7) in there. Kind of nervous, don't know if I should just do a balcony and inside instead?? Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Scrappydoo ....I did cabin 9698 before....and would much prefer it to any of the deck ten ones above, due to those very reasons, open deck,aft buffet, bar area above, and also they can do the rail and look down on about half of your lanai.

As to the room, it has a separate bedroom with a door,with a large bed, TV, closet, desk. Then also a small room with a slider door, a bed/sofa for one, with desk, closet, TV, and a large floor to ceiling window, that looks out onto the side of your lanai and the view beyond. As to the living area, has a TV, a double sofa bed, TV, Refer, and some shelves, and the door to the lanai. There is also a small area between the living area and the bathroom with lots of shelves, storage areas.

The only downside to this room to me, is the bathroom, standard size one. However, the lanai more than makes up for that issue, it is great, nice wrap around, with some of it in the shade.

I would go for the 9698 if possible.

Hope this helps you in time, and sorry if I butted in on this.

Chuck

Edited by Molokai-Chuck

Molokai-Chuck, Mahalo for your input! It was very much appreciated. :)

They ended up not having 9698 available... but offered me 8702 just below that suite. Should I take that??

I've never had concierge/butler services or suite perks... what's that like!??

Anything I should take advantage of? :) Okay, I realize I'm not staying onto the topic of the thread. I apologize...

But thank you again, Chuck! Helped immensely!

Scrappydoo

Molokai-Chuck, Mahalo for your input! It was very much appreciated. :)

They ended up not having 9698 available... but offered me 8702 just below that suite. Should I take that??

I've never had concierge/butler services or suite perks... what's that like!??

Anything I should take advantage of? :) Okay, I realize I'm not staying onto the topic of the thread. I apologize...

But thank you again, Chuck! Helped immensely!

Scrappydoo

Take it!! We had 8202 in Nov last year and loved it!! I have a review in my signature with tons of pictures. The only "problem" with this suite is the bathroom is just like a regular balcony room bathroom. Actually kind of small. We had me, DH, and 2 DDs(age 24 and 26 at time) and never had a problem with showering or bathroom use. The balcony is what this room is all about!! It has a little nook that juts to the side that is very private. I actually slept on a lounger out there under the stars a couple nights. 5

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

1404443631460.jpg.1c45c51921fb19ede609fe416e234387.jpg

Edited by ksimpso3

• 2 months later...

Hello. Has anyone been in the other SE cabins (13004, 13006, 13008, 13504, 13506, 13508)? How big are the balconies there? How private are they? Are they big enough for 4 seat table and loungers?

How big is the sofa bed (queen/double)?

Any pictures?

Thanks.

Here are the images of cabin 13000 and 13002. I am hoping i uploaded them correctly[ATTACH]287777[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]287778[/ATTACH]

Cindy,

Hello. Do you have these deck outlines for all of the Deck 13 cabins (or where I can find them?

Thanks!

We are going to be in 13000 and 13002 in a couple of weeks and I plan to take a lot of pictures. I will let you know when we get back.

I have studied the pictures and plans in great detail and from what I can see the balconies are enormous, but it will be interesting to see them in person.

Regards, Chris.

Hello. Has anyone been in the other SE cabins (13004, 13006, 13008, 13504, 13506, 13508)? How big are the balconies there? How private are they? Are they big enough for 4 seat table and loungers?

How big is the sofa bed (queen/double)?

Any pictures?

Thanks.