NCL Pride of America, Remodeled Deck 13 ...Suites anyone?

CactusFlower527

Cindy,

Hello. Do you have these deck outlines for all of the Deck 13 cabins (or where I can find them?

Thanks!

I do not have the other deck plans I'm sorry . I only had the ones for 13000 and 13002.

We stayed in suite 13000 in May 2014 and it was AMAZING . We were told the balcony was the largest in the fleet and that would not surprise me .

Cindy

We are going to be in 13000 and 13002 in a couple of weeks and I plan to take a lot of pictures. I will let you know when we get back.

I have studied the pictures and plans in great detail and from what I can see the balconies are enormous, but it will be interesting to see them in person.

Regards, Chris.

We stayed in Suite 13000 and could not have been more pleased . The balcony was spectacular .

Our cabin stewardess was Lucia , our butler Ida and concierge was Thomas.

I hope you are fortunate enough to have them . Lucia was wonderful and by the end of our cruise she felt like family .

Ida was extremely helpful and took care I've everything we needed . We had a few meals in our suite and she made sure we wanted for nothing . She even got us dinner reservation at the hot hibachi restaurant at her suggestion and it was fabulous .

Thomas was great we saw him every morning for breakfast and after the first day he made sure to have a map handy for my hubby when we got to a new port . Super helpful .

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did .

Aloha,

Cindy

Chris,

Will you be sailing on the 27th?

If so we will be neighbors. 13004

Looking forward to the cruise

Brad

We are going to be in 13000 and 13002 in a couple of weeks and I plan to take a lot of pictures. I will let you know when we get back.

I have studied the pictures and plans in great detail and from what I can see the balconies are enormous, but it will be interesting to see them in person.

Regards, Chris.

• 5 months later...
Curious to see photos also. I was originally in 13520 but changed when I saw how close it was to the Key West Bar and the pool. Concerned about privacy and noise issues.

Now in 13508.

Does anyone know if the cabins have opened yet? The website I look at says they're not going to be completed until October.

How did you like your room? We are staying in 13508 this Apr. Do you have any pics or thoughts to share? Appreciate your response!

We stayed in Suite 13000 and could not have been more pleased . The balcony was spectacular .

Our cabin stewardess was Lucia , our butler Ida and concierge was Thomas.

I hope you are fortunate enough to have them . Lucia was wonderful and by the end of our cruise she felt like family .

Ida was extremely helpful and took care I've everything we needed . We had a few meals in our suite and she made sure we wanted for nothing . She even got us dinner reservation at the hot hibachi restaurant at her suggestion and it was fabulous .

Thomas was great we saw him every morning for breakfast and after the first day he made sure to have a map handy for my hubby when we got to a new port . Super helpful .

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did .

Aloha,

Cindy

bbbyqueen, do you have any photo's you can share of the suite? Or can you tell me where in the cabin the desk/dressing table and blowdryer are located? We'll be four adults staying in 13500 in May, 2016.

I have attached some photos of 13000. It is a great room with plenty of space (we were there with out two young kids). We also had the connecting room 13002(?) which also has a huge balcony, but isn't nearly as nice a room.

The sofa-bed can only hold kids. Even one adult would have trouble fitting on it satisfactorily.

The balcony is absolutely enormous, and the view is fantastic since it covers 90 degress. The photo of the balcony has the Napali coast in the background. It was also nice sitting out there on the day in Kona.

IMHO these suites are surprisingly good value. In particular 13000 and the mirror on the port side are worth the slight premium over the other suites on the 13th floor.

DSC07779.jpg.b6b651c0163cf31497839f4f20d922f7.jpg

DSC07780.jpg.759658787677116a2b0889e0b2691e23.jpg

DSC07782.jpg.afc4f7c09a6da9530122396783862845.jpg

DSC08066.jpg.51be65c61433a52b971de041318deb8a.jpg

DSC08166.jpg.6f960494b18bcf8a9d61dda5bc965dfe.jpg

I have attached some photos of 13000. It is a great room with plenty of space (we were there with out two young kids). We also had the connecting room 13002(?) which also has a huge balcony, but isn't nearly as nice a room.

The sofa-bed can only hold kids. Even one adult would have trouble fitting on it satisfactorily.

The balcony is absolutely enormous, and the view is fantastic since it covers 90 degress. The photo of the balcony has the Napali coast in the background. It was also nice sitting out there on the day in Kona.

IMHO these suites are surprisingly good value. In particular 13000 and the mirror on the port side are worth the slight premium over the other suites on the 13th floor.

Thank you very much for the pics and comments about the cabin, balcony and sofa bed!! The Balcony is one of the main draws to this suite for me. Sounds like I may need to find an alternate solution for one of the two adults who were going to share the pull out. It's my nieces and they are sisters.. hopefully, they don't mind being close... :) One of them will find a way to fit on the pull out. If you don't mind I have a few more questions about 13000/owners suite.

Do you recall where the desk/dressing table and blow dryer were in the suite? I had seen a video on You Tube and some other PICs but couldn't quite make out where this is in the cabin. I am trying to determine whether or not this suite will work for me, my sister and two adult nieces.

Regarding Owners Suite Amenities, did you receive 3 bottles of wine as an alternate to the 3 bottles of alcohol? and were there unlimited cans of soda and bottles of water provided throughout the cruise?

There isn't a separate desk or makeup table from what I can remember. There is a small ante-room before you enter the bathroom, but it only has closets and drawers but no desk or makeup mirror. I think the hair dryer was in a drawer in the bathroom. By cruise ship standards the bathroom is quite roomy. It has a separate toilet, but with a glass door and a glass enclosed shower. A tip: if you spill water from the shower throw a towel on the floor. The floor is very, very slippery when wet. We had a couple of nasty spills.

The bedroom is completely separate, and private. Although there is only one bathroom, there are separate entrances from the living room or bedroom.

We got 3 bottles of wine. Just before the cruise we received an email asking what we would like and we chose 3 bottles all the same.

There was an endless supply of soda in cans that was replenished on request. They are pepsi products so we brought our own diet coke too.

The sofabed was soft, comfy and nicely made up and our young kids slept together there with no problem. But it was quite short. A stark contrast from the very large and nice bed in the bedroom.

We had the same experience as CactusFlower with the deck and loungers. It was very wet each morning. Moving the loungers completely under cover in the evenings solved the problem.

Can you see the water from the bed, or is that marvelous balcony too big?

(Is this a first world question/problem or what? :o)

DH's first cruise (I finally managed to get him to join me, and he was hooked instantly!) was in a DOS on the Dawn, and the views in that suite were unbelievable - just what the Captain sees from the Bridge one deck below.

(No balcony, though, so we are torn about the choice in the future.)

Thanks!

GeezerCouple

Since there are no at sea days on the Hawaii itineraries there isn't a lot of time to enjoy the view from bed. Though we did wake a couple times as the ship was coming into port. From the bed the windows are looking almost directly forward, so the view is pretty spectacular.

How did you like your room? We are staying in 13508 this Apr. Do you have any pics or thoughts to share? Appreciate your response!

The room was very nice. Good location, great balcony. No complaints. I think I posted a photo from the balcony on another thread. My files on the computer I'm at now are too big to post.

It was a fantastic trip! Enjoy.

There isn't a separate desk or makeup table from what I can remember. There is a small ante-room before you enter the bathroom, but it only has closets and drawers but no desk or makeup mirror. I think the hair dryer was in a drawer in the bathroom. By cruise ship standards the bathroom is quite roomy. It has a separate toilet, but with a glass door and a glass enclosed shower. A tip: if you spill water from the shower throw a towel on the floor. The floor is very, very slippery when wet. We had a couple of nasty spills.

The bedroom is completely separate, and private. Although there is only one bathroom, there are separate entrances from the living room or bedroom.

We got 3 bottles of wine. Just before the cruise we received an email asking what we would like and we chose 3 bottles all the same.

There was an endless supply of soda in cans that was replenished on request. They are pepsi products so we brought our own diet coke too.

The sofabed was soft, comfy and nicely made up and our young kids slept together there with no problem. But it was quite short. A stark contrast from the very large and nice bed in the bedroom.

We had the same experience as CactusFlower with the deck and loungers. It was very wet each morning. Moving the loungers completely under cover in the evenings solved the problem.

Thank you very much for the additional information!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi We are planning to book one of these new suites facing forward on deck 13. For anyone who has booked can you let me know if wind due to facing forward was a problem? Also, was there a lot of rocking due to location at top of ship as well as forward. Thank you!

Hi We are planning to book one of these new suites facing forward on deck 13. For anyone who has booked can you let me know if wind due to facing forward was a problem? Also, was there a lot of rocking due to location at top of ship as well as forward. Thank you!

Yes I do feel like we felt more motion being at the top like that, as for the wind.. when the ship was in motion, the wind on the deck made it almost impossible to sit outside. We were in 13502. Hard to believe it's been almost a year since we sailed.

Thank you so much for thoughts on wind, motion. If anyone has booked the owners suits on 13th floor or has any perspective, the owners suite has the layout we are looking for with 3 people (completely separate bedroom plus plenty of room) and the rooms on 13 sound so much nicer since they are new and there are a lot of complaints online regarding worn rooms. However, if wind and motion are huge issues on 13 we might book owners suite on another floor, maybe even deluxe owners suite-- but the older rooms do look super busy and tacky. When I read reviews, everyone on 13 seems to love their rooms despite any wind/motion issues. Please share any thoughts! And thanks again, this thread is so helpful!

Anyone booked in one of the brand new Suites on Deck 13, except for us in May ?

we're in 13502

Hoping to get a peek of it before we sail. Wishful thinking, I know :D

I had booked the owners suite on Deck 13 for my April 2016 cruise with my sisters. I later caught the disclaimer that there is NO guest 1/2 bathroom in these suites. With 4 women sharing a cabin we needed at least another 1/2 bath. I was able to change the reservation to deck 12 (a smaller sized owners suite, BUT this room has 1 and 1/2 baths and a hot tub on the balcony. Deck 13 Owners suite is over 900 SF, on the other decks the owners suite is just under 600 sf but has a 230 sf balcony. Bathrooms trumped extra cabin space for our group, but if I were a couple, I would book the deck 13 suite. If there is a cabin crawl coordinated with a Cruise Critic meet and greet, it is a great way to see many different cabin styles. Join the roll call for your sailing.

I'm in 12006 on a mid-November cruise. That's supposed to be the largest suite on the ship. The NCL website says its after September 7, the suite is supposed to have 2 bedrooms (it originally had 1 bedroom), but the floor plan still shows only one bedroom. When I booked, no one at NCL could tell me which was correct. If anyone has any intel on that suite, I'd appreciate it!

Ahhh, you are in the Grand Suite, I am booked in the room next door for an April 2016 sailing. I told my sisters they were NOT allowed to look into that room. Have fun and post pictures.

Someone please help. I have spokend to NCL two times and my travel agent three times. They want to upgrade me to cabin 13522, but no on can tell me if it is on the front of the ship or back of the ship, overlooking the oasis pool or the big pool or if I have an unobstructed view of the ocean as we sail away. Five conversations and they are all different. I don't want to pay the extra bucks to upgrade and be misreable overlooking the big pool with screaming kids and dancing drunks :-) I don't mind being near the bar in the back if that is where I am. No one seems to confirm. I am waiting for the travel agent to call back again, as I leave in two weeks and have to make a decision.

The deck plans for the ship are horrible, it looks like deck 12 faces one way and deck 13 faces the other way.

Any one have pics of that room?

Thanks in advance!

Yvette

Edited by DBLDWN12

Someone please help. I have spokend to NCL two times and my travel agent three times. They want to upgrade me to cabine 13522, but no on can tell me if it is on the front of the ship or back of the ship, overlooking the oasis pool or the big pool or if I have an unobstructed view of the ocean as we sail away. Five conversations and they are all different. I don't want to pay the extra buck to upgrade and be misreable overlooking the big pool with screaming kids and dancing drunks :-) I don't mind being near the bar in the back if that is where I am. No one seems to confirm. I am waiting for the travel agent to call back again, as I leave in two weeks and have to make a decision.

The deck plans for the ship are horrible, it looks like deck 12 faces one way and deck 13 faces the other way.

Thanks in advance!

Yvette

Suite 13020 will give you an idea of what it looks like. The link is below:

Thank you very much, tht helps a lot!!!!!!!!!!! I will have to look at more of her videos to see how loud it is and how the view is leaving port.

Yvette

Someone please help. I have spokend to NCL two times and my travel agent three times. They want to upgrade me to cabine 13522, but no on can tell me if it is on the front of the ship or back of the ship, overlooking the oasis pool or the big pool or if I have an unobstructed view of the ocean as we sail away. Five conversations and they are all different. I don't want to pay the extra buck to upgrade and be misreable overlooking the big pool with screaming kids and dancing drunks :-) I don't mind being near the bar in the back if that is where I am. No one seems to confirm. I am waiting for the travel agent to call back again, as I leave in two weeks and have to make a decision.

Thanks in advance!

Yvette

Are you looking at the Deck Plans on the NCL website?

I'm not sure why you find the "direction" confusing.

As far as I can tell, for ALL of their ships, the Deck Plans are shown so that the front of the ship is at the top of the diagram, and the back is at the bottom.

If there are some "partial decks" (such as Deck 13 on the POA, and there are other partial decks on several ships, where the deck doesn't run the full length of the ship), you can open 2 windows, and have one deck open in one and another in the other, and match up the front or back of the ship. Use the staircases and elevator banks to make sure you are matching up "directly above and below" to place the areas.

You'll easily see that the suite you are asking about will not face forward, but will face the back, and it will overlook the pool area below.

I think you will be visible when on your balcony, unless they've put up some dividers or something.

To help orient you, note that suites 13000 and 13500 are at the front of the ship, looking forward. (They are set a bit 'back', which is shown by that white area.)

GeezerCouple