Here are Cruise Compasses for Brazilian immersion cruise on Splendour OTS

Artemis

We took a Brazilian "immersion" cruise on Splendour OTS in March 2012. It was a 7-night roundtrip out of São Paulo, Brazil, with stops in Punta del Este, Uruguay; Buenos Aires (two full days/one night); and Montevideo. As Americans, we were among the 100 or so non-Brazilian, English-speaking passengers on board. It's not a trip for everyone, but we loved the experience!

I have finally published the collection of Cruise Compasses from that trip, plus some information and tips about planning. (We also visited Rio de Janeiro and Iguazu Falls.) I realize it's odd to post about this now, but someone now planning for 2014 recently asked for information, and it's hard to find much scoop on these seasonal trips (they run every Dec.-Apr.).

So here it is! https://sites.google.com/site/splendourbrazil/

We took a Brazilian "immersion" cruise on Splendour OTS in March 2012. It was a 7-night roundtrip out of São Paulo, Brazil, with stops in Punta del Este, Uruguay; Buenos Aires (two full days/one night); and Montevideo. As Americans, we were among the 100 or so non-Brazilian, English-speaking passengers on board. It's not a trip for everyone, but we loved the experience!

I have finally published the collection of Cruise Compasses from that trip, plus some information and tips about planning. (We also visited Rio de Janeiro and Iguazu Falls.) I realize it's odd to post about this now, but someone now planning for 2014 recently asked for information, and it's hard to find much scoop on these seasonal trips (they run every Dec.-Apr.).

So here it is! https://sites.google.com/site/splendourbrazil/

Loved your video of the falls!!

Thanks for the info.

We were considering taking a South American curise in 2015. Good to know that, unlike most RC cruises, this caters to Brazilians, Portuguese is the official language onboard, and we'd be with only a handful of English-speaking cruisers. I would have expected the opposite. We're still considering it, but now know what we're in for. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Thanks for reading, Dragon and emerald. It was an amazing trip, and yes, as that video snippet shows, Iguazu Falls are just incredible! We were really excited to have the opportunity to see them. (And I was pretty proud of myself for figuring out how to get that video up there, Dragon. ;) Learn something new every day and all that jazz!)

cruisePAC, yes, it is really important to understand what this cruise is all about before you go! :) I write more about the "immersion" twist in the Info & Planning document and encourage folks who are interested to consider timing their cruise for the early fall, after the celebratory summer/holiday sailings. Otherwise, I think this is a fabulous trip for people who enjoy new and different travel experiences, people and cultures! (I'm sure you realize this, but just to clarify, there are a lot of South American cruises that are not "immersion" cruises--the "around the Horn" trip is a very popular one--but hmmm...I just checked, and it doesn't look like Royal Caribbean is doing any right now. I think Celebrity, Princess and HAL cover those trips.

Hi, Linda, I'm in Austin--I see you're a Texas snowbird! :) So happy you found my "better late than never" addition to the CC archives, as I know how hard it is to find information about this cruise. I'm going to add my email address to the Info & Planning doc just in case you have any other questions along the way. Happy planning!

Archived