door decorating

214fingerman214

So were going on the Carnival Triumph in April 2014. So my girl and I where reading about people decorating their cabin doors, and my girl is a big DALLAS COWBOY fan and I wanted to decorate the door for her... Is this allowed? And what could i use to hold up decoration, (eaxmple ) thumb tacks .or tape,or magnet..

I've only done the door decorating thing on a Disney cruise. We used magnet paper to print out decorations and then stuck them to to the doors. Not sure if the Carnival doors are magnetic, though. I've never paid that much attention to the doors!

Hi there. Usually people decorate their doors to celebrate groups that they're cruising with (so they can find each other) or a special occasion such as a marriage. I'm not sure how decorating a door with a team when it's not even football season would make sense. Maybe you are both caught up in opening weekend and the fancy will pass.

Carnival will decorate the room for her if you are interested in a Bon Voyage theme room. Please check out the room decorations on the Carnival website. I think it's only $35 and they do a really nice job. It is thoughtful and she will never forget it. Plus, she can take the decorations home. I hope you do something sweet for your girl. She seems very lucky, Tracy.

Make sure that whatever you use can be removed cleanly, quickly, and doesn't damage the door. My wife used some peel and stick decorations last cruise and we like to never got the adhesive backing off.

I don't know that Carnival would charge you for repairs/refinishing a door but at least have pity on the person who has to clean it up if you don't.

I know 3M makes some adhesive tabs that hold very well and come off clean and easy.

Yes, it is allowed and a lot of folks decorate their doors. You want to use something that won't damage the door and I've found that magnets have stuck to all of our cabin doors so far. I just used 'Peel n Stick' magnetic business card holders to hold up our CC door sign:

http://www.user.shentel.net/cbarden/ccdoorsign.doc

We use scotch tape and never have an issue. People would stop and read our door. Found it to be pretty cool, but a little odd when we were trying to leave and startle someone by opening the door. All in all, very cool to decorate the door. Helps the kids (and wife) easily identify the room. :-)

So were going on the Carnival Triumph in April 2014. So my girl and I where reading about people decorating their cabin doors, and my girl is a big DALLAS COWBOY fan and I wanted to decorate the door for her... Is this allowed? And what could i use to hold up decoration, (eaxmple ) thumb tacks .or tape,or magnet..

I decorate my door every cruise..

I bring packing tape with me. I decorate on the first day

and remove it on Embarcadation day..

Yes you can decorate, and carnival fleet has metal doors, magnets will be a good option to not damage paint

Sent from my Le Pan S using Forums mobile app

I asked this question a few weeks ago about the Carnival Dream and I got a resounding NO on their doors being metal...

However I will be brining those command strips for posters...Last cruise I used a command strip hook on the back of the bathroom door and It went up and came down nice and clean.

Mariner of the Seas door was magnetic....

I just used magnets on the carnival glory door and it worked great. Only problem was that someone stole a flashing magnet on the next to last day. So don't use anything you don't mind not taking back.

We had also ordered the interior decorating package and most of those were actually on magnets as well. I second that they did an excellent job and totally worth the money.

I always decorate our door, too. When we are cruising, we are in a festive mode, Hey, it's Vacation Time, have fun.

I always make sure to clean the door up extra good, when it's time to vacate the ship. I just use scotch tape, and that works just fine.

Just like the folks above say, it makes it so easy to find your stateroom.

This was our door on the Dream, this year........

Dream2012026_zpsd7a92dc2.jpg

NO, THAT IS ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NOT ALLOWED.

However, if you decorate her door with

DENVER BRONCOS

That is a wonderful idea. Everyone on board will admire your genius. :D

*we use magnets and/or blue painters tape.

I just got off the Conquest yesterday morning and we had our door decorated....briefly. Some jerk tore the head off of our flamingo. We used adhesive putty and it worked fine; came off cleanly. About as cleanly as the flamingo's head probably did. :mad:

Feel free to decorate the door with any theme that's appropriate for public viewing. Who cares if it's not football season, sports fans don't stop wearing team gear because the season is over!

When we decorated our door on the Liberty last year we used the 3M Command poster strips, the heavier ones that are like plastic Velcro. They went up and came down easy, and I attached them to our decorations before we left home (just left the backs on), so no need to pack a roll of tape.

I use the ticky-tack stuff that dorms require. It's like play doh. You roll it up in little balls and press it between the door and decorations. When you remove it, you roll it all up and save it for the next cruise.

That's what I used also. I bought some in May at Walmart in the hardware section with the glues and adhesives. GO FOR IT!! It's fun! Ignore the elite class and do what you want. BTW, to the poster saying why do that when it isn't football season....don't watch much football do ya? The 49ers beat the Packers last night, I watched it. ;)

We had a group of kids on our last cruise that thought it would be fun to take decorations from one door and put it on someone elses door!! When we came back from dinner one night, we tried like heck to get into the cabin with our decorations on it just to find out it was not our cabin!! LOL

Yes...we took our decorations back to our door and they were not moved again. But we heard lots of stories on our excursions and at the bar that other people had experienced the same thing!

I'm sure the kiddos got a good laugh....no harm done! :D

I'm not sure how decorating a door with a team when it's not even football season would make sense. Maybe you are both caught up in opening weekend and the fancy will pass.

Football season started yesterday!! And I'm pretty sure the Cowboys beat the Giants!! I know the poster isn't cruising during football season but that's ok!! Sports fans are sports fans all year round! LOL

214fingerman214 - we decorate our door as well and plan on doing it again in October!! We use the puddy stuff too it works great and comes off nice and clean!!

My husband and son are huge Dallas Cowboys fans as well!! I think I'll add some cowboys items to our door this year!! Thanks for the idea!! LOL

Have a great cruise!

Edited by pmoniz

They announced a door decorating contest in the fun times on our last Freedom cruise....but I didn't see anyone who did it. At least no one did it down our hall.

I just got off the Conquest yesterday morning and we had our door decorated....briefly. Some jerk tore the head off of our flamingo. We used adhesive putty and it worked fine; came off cleanly. About as cleanly as the flamingo's head probably did. :mad:

We had a couple others on our trip that complained about people messing with their doors. One person had a write on wipe off board and took it down after several vulgar messages.