Paris Apartment Help

Hlitner

Hi Hank - Do you also read Tripadvisor (sister site to CC) ?

There is heaps of info there on how to rent an apartment in Paris.

If you take the time to read some of the previous postings, you will also find many recommendations - and otherwise.

It's an excellent site - just like CC.

We are planning to spend a week in Paris (next May) after a cruise and are looking for an apartment in the 5th or 6th. Does anyone have any specific recommendations.

Hank

Hello Hank

My husband and I stay in an apartment in the Citadines on St Germain Des Pres when we are in Paris. The Cidadines is fantastic! The rooms are very clean and spacious and they contain everything you may need. Kitchen, was well stocked with utensils and the bathroom was very large. Plenty of room to store your clothes and suitcases too. We love the place.

There is a coffee machine in the lobby downstairs and you can make your own cappucinos etc whenever you wish. The breakfast is very nice too - if you wish to indulge in a lovely Parisian breakfast! Alternatively you can wander around the corner and pick up some lovely pastries, cakes or breads from a small bakery situated there. We did this many times and the food was exceptional. By the way, if you love chocolate there is also a chocolatier just around the corner too, but be aware, the chocolate is very very addictive, the best chocolate we have tasted anywhere!

As a bonus, we found the location of the Citadines to be central to everywhere - with the Louvre a small 10 min walk and Notra Dame Cathedral approximately the same. There is a hop on hop off Paris Bus stop right across the road - bordering on the Seine River.

If you need to shop for groceries there is a supermarket 5 mins walk away, Carrefore. We purchased our fresh meat and vegetables from there. Very nice too.

Not to mention how close you are to many wonderful cafes, restaurants and patisseries.

Hope this helps :)

Hello Hank

My husband and I stay in an apartment in the Citadines on St Germain Des Pres when we are in Paris. The Cidadines is fantastic! The rooms are very clean and spacious and they contain everything you may need. Kitchen, was well stocked with utensils and the bathroom was very large. Plenty of room to store your clothes and suitcases too. We love the place.

There is a coffee machine in the lobby downstairs and you can make your own cappucinos etc whenever you wish. The breakfast is very nice too - if you wish to indulge in a lovely Parisian breakfast! Alternatively you can wander around the corner and pick up some lovely pastries, cakes or breads from a small bakery situated there. We did this many times and the food was exceptional. By the way, if you love chocolate there is also a chocolatier just around the corner too, but be aware, the chocolate is very very addictive, the best chocolate we have tasted anywhere!

As a bonus, we found the location of the Citadines to be central to everywhere - with the Louvre a small 10 min walk and Notra Dame Cathedral approximately the same. There is a hop on hop off Paris Bus stop right across the road - bordering on the Seine River.

If you need to shop for groceries there is a supermarket 5 mins walk away, Carrefore. We purchased our fresh meat and vegetables from there. Very nice too.

Not to mention how close you are to many wonderful cafes, restaurants and patisseries.

Hope this helps :)

It helps al lot and thank you. We were aware of some "serviced apartments" but had not even thought about Citadines. At this point we are thinking of them as a back-up idea since we are still seeking a larger apartment. The best deal on Citadines is to do a pre-paid non-refundable booking (the savings are quite large) and we will first look at other options. But we may well end up in the property you recommend. We do love the location :).

Hank

Hi, Hank. We've rented apartments through VRBO and have been very satisfied.

Alan and I met you and your lovely wife back in 2005 on a TA, Galveston to Civitavecchia. I see you two are still enjoying the gypsy lifestyle. You are such a great asset to the CC community.

Hi, Hank. We've rented apartments through VRBO and have been very satisfied.

Alan and I met you and your lovely wife back in 2005 on a TA, Galveston to Civitavecchia. I see you two are still enjoying the gypsy lifestyle. You are such a great asset to the CC community.

OMG! I have trouble remembering people I met yesterday (that comes from being a senior). But I do think that particular cruise was in the spring of 2006 (I cheated and looked at my history on the Princess web site). Since that time we have gone cruise crazy (managed to spend 101 days on cruises in just 2012) and really enjoy the retired lifestyle.

We actually have been looking on VRBO and found what seems to be a ice please in St Germain des Pres and are just about ready to make a commitment. Just waiting a few days to see if somebody tosses out a better idea :)

Hank

We are planning to spend a week in Paris (next May) after a cruise and are looking for an apartment in the 5th or 6th. Does anyone have any specific recommendations.

Hank

Hi Hank,

I know everyone seems to love vrbo, but I've had a lot of problems with them in Paris. Reservations getting cancelled last minute and calendars not updated. Just a quick warning.

If its only for a week, I'd look at paris attitude. Yes, it's an agency and you're paying a fee, but the peace of mind for me has been well worth it.

Guess I should update this thread since we made a deposit on a place in St Germain des Pres. We had done a lot of looking on VRBO and a couple of other sites, but the place that caught our eye we happened to find on Trip Advisor. It was just a matter of finding the right place in the right neighborhood (never easy). The owner/manager of the rental speaks English (always a big help) and had been very responsive. I should have mentioned that we have previously rented apartments via the internet with excellent results. One has to rely somewhat on their instincts with rentals and we have been very lucky (knock on wood) up until now.

We are now on the verge of renting a place in Avignon (for the same driving trip) where the properties are a lot cheaper then in Paris :)

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

If you want, a friend rent an appartment in the 3rd.

I live at 10min from there in the 2nd "district" and it is really in the center of Paris (Chatelet, Bourse, Opera, Montorgueil) and the public transportation is very practical to go everywere in Paris (Always 20/30min max from there).

Recommandation... Be very careful if you stay on the 18th, 19th, 20th districts.. :rolleyes:

Sorry for my bad english ! :o

Hi,

I live at 10min from there in the 2nd "district" and it is really in the center of Paris (Chatelet, Bourse, Opera, Montorgueil) and the public transportation is very practical to go everywere in Paris (Always 20/30min max from there).

Recommandation... Be very careful if you stay on the 18th, 19th, 20th districts.. :rolleyes:

Merci! Thank you for taking the time to post your recommendation. We have already booked an apartment in St Germain des Preis, which is our favorite neighborhood in Paris.

Hank

Ahhh, difficult to answer... What you mean by "reasonable price". :p And what you would like to eat...

There is i.e the vice-champion of world of Pizza near to rue Montorgueil..

http://ilcampionissimo.fr/

There is a lot of offer on "groupon.fr" to buy diners on a boat on the "la Seine" starting at 69e for 2 for eating with Champagne !

There is Razowski for best burgers in Paris...

For my favourite restaurants of french food, in most of time, it's 6month waiting for a table at good price...

But, watch on groupon.fr there is some "insolite" restaurants.

And the best search engine where you can reserve, in english: http://www.thefork.com/city/paris/415144

Edited by frenchrci

Hi,

Hi, why be very careful in 18th, 19th and 20th districts?

We wil be in Paris in July next year and trying to work out what district we need to stsy in.

Deb

Hank

For what it's worth, we are using www.vacationinparis.com They have a large number of apartments. We will be in #241 soon. The company was recommended by a friend who has used them extensively. So far, they have been very good at answering questions and providing information.

For what it's worth, we are using www.vacationinparis.com They have a large number of apartments. We will be in #241 soon. The company was recommended by a friend who has used them extensively. So far, they have been very good at answering questions and providing information.

Apartment looks lovely, please report back after your stay, would love to read all about it, plus its proximity to everything.

Enjoy, Deb :)

• 6 months later...
Guess I should update this thread since we made a deposit on a place in St Germain des Pres. We had done a lot of looking on VRBO and a couple of other sites, but the place that caught our eye we happened to find on Trip Advisor. It was just a matter of finding the right place in the right neighborhood (never easy). The owner/manager of the rental speaks English (always a big help) and had been very responsive. I should have mentioned that we have previously rented apartments via the internet with excellent results. One has to rely somewhat on their instincts with rentals and we have been very lucky (knock on wood) up until now.

We are now on the verge of renting a place in Avignon (for the same driving trip) where the properties are a lot cheaper then in Paris :)

Hank

hank , don't know if you will see this but how was the apt you chose in

st germain des pres ?

don't know if you will see this but how was #241 ?

we are looking at renting apartments for 2016 with

kids and grandkids ?;)

hank , don't know if you will see this but how was the apt you chose in

st germain des pres ?

Don,t know yet as we will not be in that apartment until late May.

Hank

Sent from my iPad using Forums