About Leather . . . .

vcdarty

Another line we've done crossings with provides a quite elegant green leather wallet for travel documents. Does Cunard still offer anything similar? Inquiring minds . . . .J
Cunard used to provide "pleather" brown wallets (two different designs, stopped 2009 I think). Some passengers think they were "classy" :) and miss them a lot, others think they were just one more thing to carry :( .

(Speaking for myself, I miss the proper printed sticky luggage labels more than I miss the wallets. However I still take one with me on each voyage out of habit more than anything else).

If you want one, e-bay and other such places has loads for sale, marked "Cunard", "QM2" "Queens Grill". Or you can win one by collecting points on board the ships in pub-triva quizes and the like. Judging by the numbers of these wallets I've seen being given away on board, there must be ten years supply in a warehouse somewhere in Southampton ;) .

Hope this helps.

Cunard used to provide "pleather" brown wallets (two different designs, stopped 2009 I think). Some passengers think they were "classy" :) and miss them a lot, others think they were just one more thing to carry :( .

(Speaking for myself, I miss the proper printed sticky luggage labels more than I miss the wallets. However I still take one with me on each voyage out of habit more than anything else).

If you want one, e-bay and other such places has loads for sale, marked "Cunard", "QM2" "Queens Grill". Or you can win one by collecting points on board the ships in pub-triva quizes and the like. Judging by the numbers of these wallets I've seen being given away on board, there must be ten years supply in a warehouse somewhere in Southampton ;) .

Hope this helps.

They were handing them out to everybody last time out on QV. I confidently expect to pick up one more in a couple of weeks time! :D

J

Thanks for the information. I was just being nosy. Already have a a few of the gen-u-ine leather items, nice if not quite up to Hermes' standards, and don't plan to become a collector. But agree that "real" luggage labels would be a plus.

J

I miss the QE2 ones with string attached. Still got some of those.

David.

Archived