Brazil nuts at Moderno?

cm1track

Does anyone know if Brazil nuts are used in any of the dishes or the food preparation in general at Moderno? I'd love to eat there but my husband has a severe allergy to Brazil nuts. (I've already called NCL, and they've suggested that I send the question via email--possibly to reach someone already on the ship--which I have, but I understand they can be slow about responding to allergy inquiries and we sail in just a couple weeks.)

Thanks to all who answered. I was hoping maybe someone on here had specifically asked about Brazil nuts (though, granted, it's a pretty rare/random allergy). He's not allergic to any other nuts but don't want to chance any anaphylactic shock episodes. Will wait to see what we hear from NCL, since we could always book it on the ship if need be.

:)

Searching the term "food allergy" on the NCL website shows two questions about how NCL accommodates food allergies. This was the reply in both cases:

If you have need special dietary requirements, contact NCL about a month in advance and inform them about the dietary requirements. Follow up with NCL a week before the cruise as a reminder. Once on board, contact the restaurant manager and to ensure they are aware of it.

I don't know specifically about Brazil nuts, but we ate there last week and there were two crewmembers standing around the salad bar very akwardly advising every single person that there were nuts in certain salads.

So maybe best to err on the side of caution and avoid it.

Searching the term "food allergy" on the NCL website shows two questions about how NCL accommodates food allergies. This was the reply in both cases:

If you have need special dietary requirements, contact NCL about a month in advance and inform them about the dietary requirements. Follow up with NCL a week before the cruise as a reminder. Once on board, contact the restaurant manager and to ensure they are aware of it.

Thanks! Technically we're just past 30 days and I contacted (after a few dead ends) accessdesk@ncl.com so am waiting to hear back. Appreciate it!

I don't know specifically about Brazil nuts, but we ate there last week and there were two crewmembers standing around the salad bar very akwardly advising every single person that there were nuts in certain salads.

Huh, interesting. Thanks for sharing that info!

Thanks to all who answered. I was hoping maybe someone on here had specifically asked about Brazil nuts (though, granted, it's a pretty rare/random allergy). He's not allergic to any other nuts but don't want to chance any anaphylactic shock episodes. Will wait to see what we hear from NCL, since we could always book it on the ship if need be.

:)

I assume he carries an EPIPEN just in case he does come in contact with something he's highly allergic to, right? And assuming he carries one, I would also assume you know how to use it, right? You shouldn't even go out for dinner without when you don't know what could be in the food even if it shouldn't be in the food! That's just my humble opinion, been in too many situations where ppl could have died without emergency

injections. :eek:

Must've been in response to a specific request/alert. Have not seen them do that before!

Archived