Emergency evacuation to your preferred hospital or one in the states

nyc12345

Is there an insurance policy that would fly you to your desired hospital or a hospital in the states?

I know most policies offer some sort of emergency evacuation coverage, but they would only bring you to the nearest hospital.

For Medjet Assist, it is only paying for the transfer from one hospital to another hospital, but does not provide medical coverage of any kind, right?

So if I buy Medjet Assist, I would still need another insurance to cover for the expenses, no? :confused:

You have it about right. Medjetassist is the Cadillac of evacuation policies since it gives the patient a lot of rights. Just about all the other insurance companies leave it as a decision for the attending physician and insurance company...with little consideration given to the wants of the patient (of their family). But if you do buy Medjetassist coverage you still need to have some kind of health insurance.

Hank

Guest maddycat

With Medjet Assist you must first be admitted to a hospital before Medjet Assist will transfer you to the hospital of your choice. It is not medical coverage and it does not cover evacuation from the cruise ship to a hospital onshore. You will need to purchase a separate policy which includes medical and evacuation coverage. If you are an AARP member you can get an 18% discount when you buy Medjet Assist.

Archived