Two nearly identical Cunard promotions

bluemarble

I received two different e-mail promotions today from Cunard (both sent at 1:50pm) which advertise several of the same Mediterranean voyages next year on the QE.

The subject of the first e-mail is "Mediterranean: Balcony fares from $2,659 + $1,000 On Board Credit".

The subject of the second e-mail is "Mediterranean: Save $1,000 on Balconies".

Here is an example of the advertised fares for one of the voyages:

From the 1st e-mail: $2,659 + $500 OBC per person.

From the 2nd e-mail: $2,159 per person.

The only substantive difference between these two promotions I can see in the "Fare Details" are different promotion codes. When I start a booking for this particular voyage on cunard.com and enter the promotion code from the first e-mail, I am indeed quoted a fare of $2,659 + $500 OBC per person. When I start a booking for this same voyage using the promotion code from the second e-mail, I am indeed quoted a fare of $2,159 per person.

So, let's see now. I can pay Cunard $500 more per person up front and get it back in OBC. Or I can simply pay Cunard $500 per person less up front. If I were going to book one of these voyages, I don't think I will lose any sleep over which of the two promotions to choose :).

I don't intend this to come off as being overly critical of Cunard and perhaps there is some detail I have missed. I just found it rather curious and a bit humorous.

Regards,

John.

E-mail 1 ($2659 + $500 OBC) allows Cunard to use the $500 till you "spend" it on the ship. It also guarantees them that you will spend it on the ship. With e-mail 2' you may never spend the $500 on the ship.

To me, e-mail 2 would be better for the passenger.

Don

Nothing in my in-box about this offer from Cunard. I don't know why...I appreciate a good laugh every now & again.

My guess is that the new Cunard UK management team will be very interesting (for lack of a better word) Kind of like the sinkholes on QM2 - the bubbles will come to the surface.

... My guess is that the new Cunard UK management team will be very interesting (for lack of a better word) Kind of like the sinkholes on QM2 - the bubbles will come to the surface.
Well the "bubbles" could make a start by removing the "vantage/getaway" pricing mistake/fiasco.

When that is replaced by something that works for the company and the passengers, I'll believe the current bubbles are better than the previous air-heads.

Archived