Silver Discoverer is confirmed

Perfectionistcruiser

I sailed three times on the old Clipper Odyssey - a lovely ship which took us to some amazing places, such as Wallis & Futuna, Pitcairn and the really remote Tuamotus. The excitement of the voyage tended to make one accept many of the ship's shortcomings which I hope Silversea will address, mainly the hopelessly out of date bathrooms. We always had a balcony even though they are quite narrow compared to, say, the Island Sky. But my other main beef with the ship was the swimming pool which I thought was a complete waste of space and if that were removed the deck space could be used as a proper outdoor restaurant.

The excitement of the voyage tended to make one accept many of the ship's shortcomings, ...mainly the hopelessly out of date bathrooms.
I hope you enjoy your Silversea voyage. We've found the bathrooms in our suites to be modern and up-to-date with plenty of space for our personal toiletries. Have fun!

I hope you enjoy your Silversea voyage. We've found the bathrooms in our suites to be modern and up-to-date with plenty of space for our personal toiletries. Have fun!

Thanks Stumblefoot. However, I think you misunderstand my post: I am not going on a Silversea cruise; I was merely pointing out some details about a ship which I have sailed on and which Silversea has just acquired.

Thanks Stumblefoot. However, I think you misunderstand my post: I am not going on a Silversea cruise; I was merely pointing out some details about a ship which I have sailed on and which Silversea has just acquired.
You're welcome and indeed, you are correct... I totally misunderstood your post. Thanks for the clarification! Much appreciated.

Archived