DJ instead of bands?...is it just scratch music

cowboygene

I don't get the big deal about "DJ Irie". Seems like just any other DJ :confused: Who/what exactly is DJ Irie? The music is so loud on Lido it is just annoying. Sometimes it is difficult to carry on a conversation with the person next to you. (I know, I must be getting old-LOL)

D.J. Irie started out as the official DJ of the Miami Heat--and Uncle Micky decided he'd be a great fit with 2.0. I sense some corporate synergy.

For what it's worth, I really think the piano performer job is safe because the piano bars on Carnival are a major profit center for the line. They're always jam packed with people ordering lots of drinks.

You're right. I also think that there's only one person they have to pay for and not 4 or 5 in a band.

Something like this would certainly beat a DJ:D

Airplane_1.gif

Great movie, great scene and agree a version of this would be much better on the Lido deck then being blown away by a DJ that's just way to loud. Wait till you go to the new "Night Club" scene if your on a ship that goes that route. Very annoying. DJ was surely aiming for the 20 something group. Once the piano bar closed there wasn't any place to go. Group I was with tried to give the night club another shot, but it was just to loud and annoying. But this is the direction Carnival is going and obviously know what they are doing. Would have to assume all the comment cards they get were from people requesting the such or they surely wouldn't have made this change. :rolleyes: Good thing we had one of the better piano bar players.

My favorite was an Asian guy who could exactly mimic the voice of the artist, even Willie Nelson! He was a huge hit on the Inspiration when she was in Tampa. I talked to him at the Farewell Party and asked how he did it. He said he had no idea, he just always could.

I'm almost positive you're talking about Jerry Yuzon. I LOVE HIM. We saw him on our wedding cruise and he was the highlight of our honeymoon cruise.

Archived