Carnival Master Card - How to get OBC

webzila

While booking a cruise last Friday on Carnvial's site they had a section which came up during the purchase process where they offered $50 OBC if you get their master card.

So I applied but wasn't instantly approved because I have credit/fraud protection. So I paid the deposit with another card.

Today I got approved for the Carnival MC.

Does anyone know what I need to do in order to get the $50 OBC considering that I already made a deposit payment for a booking with another card?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Forums mobile app

I believe you need to incur a Carnival charge on the Carnival Mastercard to get the credits. $50 on board credit is 5,000 Funpoints, which is what you get when you sign up for and are approved for the card. I believe you are also able to get an additional 5,000 bonus points if you transfer a balance from other cards to the Carnival card (1 Funpoint for each $1 transferred), assuming this promotion was also offered.

You mentioned that you only paid the deposit with another card. When it comes time for final payment, make your final payment with the Carnival Mastercard, get the 5,000 points, and then apply for the OBC for your cruise (you will do this in the rewards center of the Barclaycard website (Barclays Bank is the bank associated with the Carnival Mastercard)).

My wife and I have the Carnival Mastercard and we love it! Happy cruising.

The Carnival MC will give you 1 point for each dollar you spend for most things. You get double credit if you use it on any ship or to pay for your cruises. A good way to earn more points it to take advantage of their "rewards boost" feature. If you are an internet shopper like me, those points can really add up. I search their list for vendors I like to use and when I order something online, I go through the rewards boost link to get the extra points. Some vendors you can get up to 12 points for each dollar you spend. Just a suggestion.

• 1 month later...

Okay, we just got the Carnival MasterCard. When redeeming points it says:

"Choose the purchase you'd like to pay for with your FunPoints. Remember, you have 180 days from the date of purchase to redeem."

What does this mean? If I want to use my points as OBC I need to wait and apply my credits within 180 days of my cruise? :confused:

The Carnival MC will give you 1 point for each dollar you spend for most things. You get double credit if you use it on any ship or to pay for your cruises. A good way to earn more points it to take advantage of their "rewards boost" feature. If you are an internet shopper like me, those points can really add up. I search their list for vendors I like to use and when I order something online, I go through the rewards boost link to get the extra points. Some vendors you can get up to 12 points for each dollar you spend. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for posting this. I just applied for the card yesterday and am waiting for it to arrive so I can start racking up points to go toward future cruises. Your suggestion will help build those points.

Archived