Carnival Vista Inaugural?

Avril

Does anyone know when it'll be? I know it'll be sometime in 2016 but is there an exact date (or close to it) yet? Where she'll be sailing for her Maiden would be nice to know as well, I'm defiantly planning on being on it!!!! :D

It won't be Miami it'll be New York.

Cj usally agree with you but I don't think it will be New York. I know quantum and breakaway are there. But anthem and getaway won't be. I say port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale. That will free up a ship for the most likely retiring fantasy.

It angers me to think it would leave from Miami. Its a waste. I hope its New York. It give Carnival competition. That's what people want. Because if the Breakwater is all new, then they take breakaway and leave Carnival. They need to start 7 night Bahamas from New York. And Bermuda. Vista would be nice to start it with.

• 4 weeks later...
It angers me to think it would leave from Miami. Its a waste. I hope its New York. It give Carnival competition. That's what people want. Because if the Breakwater is all new, then they take breakaway and leave Carnival. They need to start 7 night Bahamas from New York. And Bermuda. Vista would be nice to start it with.

Can't argue with your logic. Carnival returning to Bermuda would be a very welcomed move. Here is a hint of what will happen. If when we hear that the Vista either has or does not have a covered pool will tell you if New York is an option.

Cj usally agree with you but I don't think it will be New York. I know quantum and breakaway are there. But anthem and getaway won't be. I say port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale. That will free up a ship for the most likely retiring fantasy.

I see your point but the Breeze is already in Florida. It will go up against Anthem and Getaway. The Vista will then be placed in NYC to go up against Quantum and Breakaway.

Time will tell.....

I see your point but the Breeze is already in Florida. It will go up against Anthem and Getaway. The Vista will then be placed in NYC to go up against Quantum and Breakaway.

Time will tell.....

I know that you want that. I am not all that sure that Carnival wants to compete that way. They have concentrated on Florida (for whatever reason).

Does anyone know when the date for the Inaugural will be announced?

My guess it is still a while off. I will be at a TA event on the Sunshine in New Orleans next month, which will be a naming ceremony for the Sunshine. While they will want to concentrate on the Sunshine, Im sure the topic will come up.

Edited by jimbo5544

For good reason.

There are lots of revenues to be had when departing out of Florida!

Agreed, but they would be foolish to concentrate all their ships there. It is a somewhat disturbing trend (and I think I know all the reasons for what has happened and why) that Carnival is pulling themselves out of markets and islands. Tortola is just the latest in a fairly long series. I am sure (at least I hope) there is a master plan at play here.

Edited by jimbo5544

• 1 month later...
I know that you want that. I am not all that sure that Carnival wants to compete that way. They have concentrated on Florida (for whatever reason).

For good reason.

There are lots of revenues to be had when departing out of Florida!

Bottom line...less fuel needed to get to the ports so that means more profit.

True enough, in regards to fuel savings. They do need to be careful. Cutting out Florida based ports in addition to putting the vast majority of their fleet home ported in Florida could come back to haunt them. Cruisers will tire of Nassau, Freeport, and Cozumel.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

True enough, in regards to fuel savings. They do need to be careful. Cutting out Florida based ports in addition to putting the vast majority of their fleet home ported in Florida could come back to haunt them. Cruisers will tire of Nassau, Freeport, and Cozumel.

Amen!

Tired of those ports.

Amen!

Tired of those ports.

They pulled back to their core when times were tough. My guess is as things continue to stabilize we will see port expansion again at least in the Caribbean.

• 3 weeks later...
They pulled back to their core when times were tough. My guess is as things continue to stabilize we will see port expansion again at least in the Caribbean.

I agree about tiring of the carribean ports. We just did the europe and transatlantic cruise on the sunshine. Now as I try to decide on another cruise I can't seem to find a cruise now that can live up to that.

I agree about tiring of the carribean ports. We just did the europe and transatlantic cruise on the sunshine. Now as I try to decide on another cruise I can't seem to find a cruise now that can live up to that.

It's tough to compare when you set the baseline at a med cruise.