Cabin Choice

oldpharmguy

We are in the planning stage of picking an Oceania cruise. Has anyone been in Cat. C (7064 to 7085) on the Marina. Any suggestions or advice on those cabins? Thanks

They are gorgeous, light filled cabins which have floor to ceiling windows in lieu of a veranda and "feel" much larger than their square footage.

160242.jpg124115.jpg Plan to book early if you want one though, as there are only twenty of them on the ship and they go like hotcakes.

It should be noted that On the Marina only, the windows of these cabins have a railing running outside them, presumably to eliminate any sense of vertigo.

130706.jpg

How does one know which cabins are still available? If you phone O. and asked which ones were available in a certain categorey, would they tell you?

Or is there a direct link showing which ones are still available for booking. Thanks in advance?

We are already booked on our very first in a few months, but I'd like to know for a future cruise.

How does one know which cabins are still available? If you phone O. and asked which ones were available in a certain categorey, would they tell you?

Or is there a direct link showing which ones are still available for booking. Thanks in advance?

We are already booked on our very first in a few months, but I'd like to know for a future cruise.

I am sure if you call them or if using a TA they can find out for you

If booking online via Oceania website it will show you up to 7 in the the Cat you are looking at

I do not think there are any bad cabins ;)

Lyn

They are gorgeous, light filled cabins which have floor to ceiling windows in lieu of a veranda and "feel" much larger than their square footage.

160242.jpg124115.jpg Plan to book early if you want one though, as there are only twenty of them on the ship and they go like hotcakes.

It should be noted that On the Marina only, the windows of these cabins have a railing running outside them, presumably to eliminate any sense of vertigo.

130706.jpg

Jim and Stan. Just wanted you to know you are a wealth of knowledge. I just started reading Oceania's forum and well.... you just know so much. We are taking our third Oceania Cruise in October and another in February next year. You have answered many questions from other CC members that I have wondered about. Thank you for your replies and help. I'm organizing my first Meet and Greet on Riviera for our sailing in October - Paths of the Byzantines. Any suggestions!

Hi. I set up the M&G on our July riviera cruise. Have everyone send you their email addresses and full names so you can communicate away from cc as no one should be putting their info on a public website. If you email me I will send you an invite that can be put in participants message slot next to the cabin door. I am pretty sure it was the executive concierge who helped. My email is smartlady25@aol.com. I will give you additional suggestions in the email

Fern

Fern,

I have set up any number of Meet & Greets on Oceania, and I just gave the list of participants (full names and room numbers) to the Concierge who took care of selecting the time and venue, and delivering invitations. I tend to be obsessive in some regards so I give the concierge TWO lists -- one alphabetical, one by room number. I doubt that is really necessary!

The last Meet & Greets that I set up (Marina, Oct '11, and Regatta, Aug '12) provided some unasked for nibbles although it was a cash bar.

DO make sure the staff knows that you are not personally paying for the drinks! That includes talking to the bar staff beforehand, just in case. The first time I did one of these on Oceania despite my having told the Concierge that it was a cash bar, the servers were not aware of that fact and my husband had to run around making sure they realized that we weren't paying for the whole shebang. That hasn't happened recently!

Mura

You will find such cabins on the Marina and Riviera, both aft and forward. In looking at the cabins at the very aft (7128 thru 7135), they are a different colour and look a little larger. Are they Penthouse suites????

From any of your experiences in having stayed in an aft cabin with with an extended balcony, which number did you prefer? Are there negative or positive reasons for cabins 7108 or 7111 ?

If there are numerous negative reasons for not choosing an extended balcony cabin and you would still want to stay in the B category, would you then select select 7107 and/or 7104??? Or .....??

- Grace

You will find such cabins on the Marina and Riviera, both aft and forward. In looking at the cabins at the very aft (7128 thru 7135), they are a different colour and look a little larger. Are they Penthouse suites????

From any of your experiences in having stayed in an aft cabin with with an extended balcony, which number did you prefer? Are there negative or positive reasons for cabins 7108 or 7111 ?

If there are numerous negative reasons for not choosing an extended balcony cabin and you would still want to stay in the B category, would you then select select 7107 and/or 7104??? Or .....??

- Grace

If you look at the deck plane the legend at the top of the page tells you what category the different colours are

Yes those at the aft of deck 7 are PH

As for the larger balconies cabins the only con for us & not a big one is you are overlooked from above

The end ones you are overlooked & you can overlook the C cabins and you are open to the elements on 2 sides instead of one

It really is a personal choice

Lyn

- Grace

110805.jpg000559.jpg154320.jpg062327.jpg112320.jpg

Thanks LHT28 and Jim & Stan. Your comments will help us decide what to book for our next Oceania itinerary on the Marina. We know that this issue has been on previous threads but quite sometime ago. We were looking for some fresh and recent input but we have concluded that over the past couple of years, that is not the case. Your feedback will certainly help us in making a decision.

With sincere thanks,

Grace (and Don)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

Can you please tell me if 8023 is above the anchors or the engines - I am a light sleeper.

Thanks, Judy

It is not over either

but you are closer to the bow of the ship where the anchors are located

I originally had 8130, read a post that said they heard anchor all the time in 8128...Don't know.

Judy

I would look at the deck plan then the photo of the ship posted above

8023 would be off the edge of the photo

I cannot imagine hearing the anchor there but anything is possible

As for 8130 it is far back

We are usually mid to aft on the ship & you do feel vibration when at full speed , entering or leaving the port but you will feel it everywhere onboard no getting away from it

Hopefully someone who has stayed in the cabin will report in

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Archived