Asia

lois1112

I am thinking of doing the Beining to Singapore trip in Nov. 06. Iwill be going alone and since this is a long trip, I was wondering if anyone has done this? What did you think? It looks like it will be on the Saphire, which I will be on in Novemeber.

Any suggestions would greatly be appericated!

We did the reverse, Singapore to Beijing, on Regal Princess, Mar 01, and enjoyed the itinerary very much.

Singapore is a world class city, if possible, try to stay post cruise.

We were a bit disappointed in Beijing, which we found to be very dusty, hectic, and not as pleasant a city as Shanghai (another world class city). But, the Great Wall and Summer Palace are in Beijing, and certainly worth a look-see.

All in all, we thought it a very good trip - and I have enjoyed all our Asian cruises - probably more than Europe, as there are more sea days and it (Asia) seems less port-intensive.

lois1112, I am doing this run in 2 weeks on the Pacific Princess and again on Nov 24/05 on the Diamond and will fill you in on it. We are also booked back to back on the Sapphire next year on the one you are considering taking on Nov 27/06.

I have been to Singapore many times and as well as China and I really find there culture fascinating.

Thank you so much for the feed back. The more I think about this cruise, the more I want to go.

Iam going to Hawaii on the Island in Hawaii and will wait until then to book so I can get the future booking discount.

What will the weather be like?

I was planning on doing the pre cruise China tour and yangtze tour plus spending 3 or 4 days in Singapore on my own. Not sure when, if ever I will get back.

I would love to hear all about your cruise when you are back.

I posted a bit of a review of our Bangkok to Beijing cruise this spring on the Sapphire Princess. The review is on the Asia CC Board.

The biggest annoyance on this itinerary was the size of the ship. Instead of docking in the tourist areas we were off in distant container ports. I thought our time and money could have been better spent traveling this itinerary on a smaller ship.

Hi, I see you are on the Star Transatlantic this Sept., and the Antartica in January 2007..I am on the Diamond THIS oct, Osaka, Beijing, and booked for the Star Transatlantic NEXT Sept.2006....and thinking of booking the Antartica one for Jan 22 2007. Am very interested in your previous trips/tips to China, and would love to hear about your Transatlantic when you return home this Sept.

Thanks for any info you can give me....Sue

We'll sue I will glad to pass on my comments on my upcoming cruises. Also as a piece of advice if you are serious about the Antartica cruise on the golden for Jan 22/07 I wouldn't wait on it very much longer....this cruise will sell out very quickly as it is only offered once just like this years on the Regal for Jan 8/06 sold out in two months after being released for sale.

Called Princess cruises to find out about the Jan.22 2007 cruise and she said they have no pricing for it yet? Did you make your res. thru your TA? and he just holds it? Not sure how that works..thanks Sue

Hi, you were absolutely right. Re-called Princess, got someone else and said although they don't have any brochures on it, they do have pricing.

Now just have to see if my husband can get out of work for 21 days!

Thanks, Sue

Archived