Paper brochure in English?

Skipper Tim

On MSC ships, the 'future cruise consultant' (or voucher mis-selling criminal) has had paper brochures to hand out in many languages but not English. I have requested a brochure online several times - always acknowledged with the words 'you will receive your brochure shortly' and never received one. I have visited high-street travel agents none of whom have had an MSC brochure.

Last week, for the first time ever, I visited a 'Cruise Show' (Manchester) as MSC were attending and surely, this was the opportunity to pick up a brochure! No. MSC did not attend, nor their logo appear anywhere in the show. They were supposedly represented by Cruise Nation, a fact I had to decipher from the one plan of the show layout on display near the entrance.

Talking to the manager of the Cruise Nation delegation, I explained my reason for attending. He told me that MSC brochures in English were "like gold dust" and that they did not even have an office copy.

I joked before I went to the cruise show that if I obtained a brochure there I would be able to sell it on eBay. Having failed at the cruise show I have just checked eBay and there are none even on eBay!

I am immensely puzzled. From an earlier thread, I understand that MSC paper brochures are available in Ireland in English - with Euro pricing. Why is such a basic item of promotion not available in the UK? And why did MSC not attend the Cruise Show?

This is undersell to the extreme.

If anyone knows how to obtain a paper MSC brochure in English, please share your knowledge here.

I managed to pick up 2 different ones in my local Thomsons travel superstore. :)

Both are for 2012-2013 though, nothing newer available.

We may have a 'Pets R Us' here but nothing like a Thomsons travel superstore.

So UK English brochures do exist. Most intriguing....

Well, well, I've tried many times over the years to get a paper version but never succeeded and just thought they didn't exist.

I know there is a huge move to electronic versions of everything but it is really useful to have a paper version to browse through and refer to (no least to check if they are changing the rules).

I'll just hVe to start downloading and saving the PDF ones, assuming you can still get them or is it all virtual brochures now?

Hi Tim,

I hope you are doing fine and all is well in your world today.

Here are some photos I took of the MSC DIVINA brochure that I received when I requested it online at the MSC Cruises web site.

I am only able to download two photos at a time, so I will download the four more photos in the next two posts.

soccer

Note to all: You may have to be signed into Cruise Critic in order to the see the photos.

Front.jpg.d6d6714eadf8a1ba1f8bb8cbaba2b56f.jpg

Center.jpg.6b642636552b708aa632185d42d3df6e.jpg

Here are the final two pages of the MSC DIVINA Winter 2013 Spring 2014 brochure.

Note to all: You may need to be signed into Cruise Critic to view the photos.

I believe those in the USA can request this and other MSC Cruises brochures in English at the MSC Cruises web site. I am not sure if they will send them overseas.

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Multimedia/Multimedia-Brochure.aspx

Tim, at least there is proof that paper brochures in English do exist. I am not sure why they are not available in the UK. Take care and happy sailings!

soccer

1101569785_Back(480x640).jpg.40df09e59719b565167038b518d707ea.jpg

411907133_Letter(480x640).jpg.d3814512ed891bcd020e4a2cbdee439a.jpg

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but thought I could offer a little insight.

Cruisesbrochures.com is a fantastic resource that I came across when searching for cruise line brochures. They have pretty much the full range of brochures for each and every cruise line.

The MSC Cruise Brochure can be found at the link I posted on the left. Opens as a PDF but can easily be printed off. :)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mmoots90

Well, well, I've tried many times over the years to get a paper version but never succeeded and just thought they didn't exist.

I know there is a huge move to electronic versions of everything but it is really useful to have a paper version to browse through and refer to (no least to check if they are changing the rules).

I'll just hVe to start downloading and saving the PDF ones, assuming you can still get them or is it all virtual brochures now?

Mari - I've just downloaded the 2012-13 brochure and you're in it! Well a quote from you is! :D

Mari - I've just downloaded the 2012-13 brochure and you're in it! Well a quote from you is! :D

Woo hoo, fancy that! I did start scanning through it and saw a few quotes from Classic Card members and wondered why I didn't have one. I remember them contacting me and asking me why I liked cruising with them. Off to download and read through it properly now.

It'll be interesting to see if I still think the same!

Do you mean the book they give out at the travel agents? This is one of 2 I grabbed out of their 5 I saw...

It is in NZ and Aus dollars

Do you think they are being selective re their clients?

They are not like gold dust down here.

If you want me to send you next years send me some galaxy chocs!

image.jpg.88c64ea6cec1d67245f4999217ef4660.jpg

And prices :)

But you can see the routes, the different ship plans, the pics of the boat, the drinks plans etc

...more than someone who doesn't have the brochure!

Galaxy is still my preferred currency if you want a copy.

True! I'm a Cadburys girl myself

Hi guys, I managed to get a 2013 brochure pretty easily but no travel agents seemed to have the 2014 one. I private messages MSC on Facebook and they told me their 2014 brochure is not out yet (UK) but they would send me one as soon as they were printed.

AmoMondo, I read your quote and actually wondered if it was you :D

Hi guys, I managed to get a 2013 brochure pretty easily but no travel agents seemed to have the 2014 one. I private messages MSC on Facebook and they told me their 2014 brochure is not out yet (UK) but they would send me one as soon as they were printed.

I shall try FB later then to try to get a paper copy for 2014.

Ages ago Lee emailed me (think he was emailing all UK club members at the time) asking for feedback on why I booked with MSC. I gave them a bit of a list and didn't find out until yesterday that they'd used the fidd and booze bit! This was pre the cheapie Allegrissimo.

I shall try FB later then to try to get a paper copy for 2014.

Ages ago Lee emailed me (think he was emailing all UK club members at the time) asking for feedback on why I booked with MSC. I gave them a bit of a list and didn't find out until yesterday that they'd used the fidd and booze bit! This was pre the cheapie Allegrissimo.

Hehe, you're famous now (well you're already famous on these boards!)

We are waiting on the Allegrissimo being released for our cruise next year but think we will do what you suggested and book online then get the cost added to our shipboard account to build up our points :)

What did Mari say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Archived