Snorkeling "The Wall"

miss_rach

I've been reading about something in Grand Turk called "The Wall", can we get to it from the beach? All of those with me are expert swimmers (if that matters).

If not how about a few cheap boat charter/rental folks names that will take us for an hour or 2. Don't want to make it an all day event since wives want to do other things.

As I have heard it, "the Wall" refers to the entire range of west side diving sites. The depth goes from around 20 feet-40 feet then a steep drop off to 7000 feet. There are places where this happens a 1/4 mile off shore to a mile off shore. Most areas of the wall are accessible via a 10-15 minute boat ride. Again, this is for divers as coral formations and sealife aren't necessarily fully visible to surface snorkelers even at 20 feet of clear water.

But there are 3 reputable dive companies on GT that do have snorkeling excursions available via boats. Bohio Diver Resort,Blue Water Divers and Oasis (which usually caters to ship board excursions). All have websites so google away.

Archived