Canada/New England

Maasdam is doing a 35 night Route of the Vikings during that time period.

Yes, she is. But my point is that leaves no HAL ship doing Canada/New England for that length of time. Summer in New England is Not all that long.......omit 35 days and you cut a big chunk of time away from pleasant summer New England weather travel time. So rather than two ships being here, there will be none for a lengthy period.

HAL used to do 10 day cruises for Canada/New England where you stayed over night (on the ship) in Quebec City.

Why doesn't HAL offer some of those old itineraries.

We did this 10 day cruise on the Westerdam in 1995 but only went as far as Quebec City. We arrived around 5pm and left the next day around 5pm. Montreal was added later, so there was no reason to stay in P.Q. City overnight. This was a round trip NY to NY. We only had one US port and the rest were Canadian.

Esme

About 3 years ago HAL had cruises that arrived in Quebec City early in the day, passengers did the "dinner" where they went from restaurant to restaurant all evening for the various courses.

Then the nest day they were able to take other tours and didn't leave until 5 PM.

That is the type of cruise we would be interested in.

SDHALFAN

Did you come to our cc'er get together on the Maasdam?

I don't remember you - but then I have trouble remembering people's names.

And we agree with you - cruises must be at least 14 days long before we book them.

Air travel from our area has gotten worse in the last year and we are having troubles getting decent air for some of our future cruises.

That is why we book back-to-back cruises - the longer - the better.

Hi Yonnie,

Yes, I did come to the cc'er's get together on the Maasdam and I do remember you and your DH, but I was sitting at the other end of the table (s), pretty much spending the time talking to "Sandy from Down Under" and her husband. I also spent some time speaking with a very nice young man named Peter, who was travelling with his mother - the three of us played Team Trivia as a team a couple of times on that cruise.

I also met up again with you and your DH on the Panamerican cruise from San Diego (roundtrip) this last October, in fact I sat at the same table with you at the Mariners' brunch. I remember you so well because I have always loved the way you style your hair. I would love to wear my hair the way you do yours but I have very fine, thus short, hair. If it helps any I was sitting almost next to your husband (there was an empty chair to my left and to his right between us) at the brunch. I exchanged a few words with him but don't think that you and I actually talked.

We also sat across each other at dinner on that same cruise - you had a table for two next to the railing and I was seated at a table for 8, although there were only 7 of us (5 most of the time) right across from the two of you.

It's okay that you don't remember me and that I remember you. There have been many times in my life when people have come up to me and said :"Hi - how are you? Remember me?" and I have to think "oh, shoot - NO, I'm sorry but I don't"!

Valerie:D

Hi Yonnie,

Yes, I'm the one with the shortish red hair, but I should warn you that I'm in the process of "growing it out" and am trying for a chin-length bob. I'll still never be able to get my hair looking as good as yours does though:D

Yes, maybe we'll meet up again on another cruise and actually get to talking. I'm originally from Britain and although I'm not exactly shy I do still find it difficult to initiate conversation with someone I don't really know. Now, the lady seated to my right at the Ryndam's Mariners' Luncheon/Brunch offered me her glass of wine since she didn't drink and she immediately became my best friend - just joking, I like a tipple every once in a while (no, actually quite often) but I'm not much for drinking during the day - it makes me too sleepy;)

Valerie

Archived