Dawn Mini-suites

momoftwinteens

I am currently in a balcony for my upcoming cruise. Mini-suites have come down in price and we are thinking of trying for an upgrade. However, the only problem is that all of the minis available except one are either under the pool deck or the garden cafe. The one that is not, doesn't have a balcony so that one is out. I need advice, please from anyone who has sailed on the Dawn in a mini-suite. Thank you in advance.

I am currently in a balcony for my upcoming cruise. Mini-suites have come down in price and we are thinking of trying for an upgrade. However, the only problem is that all of the minis available except one are either under the pool deck or the garden cafe. The one that is not, doesn't have a balcony so that one is out. I need advice, please from anyone who has sailed on the Dawn in a mini-suite. Thank you in advance.

A minisuite without a balcony - I have never heard about one, what cabin number is that? O_o

Being under Garden Cafe starboard side shouldn't be bad as long as you check that you are not directly under the galley or a direct route to/from there - at least on Jewel class ships, haven't been researching minis on Dawn class,

I was in 11678 in July. No noise from the elevator lobby or the Garden Cafe above. The hallway smelled nice because the cabin isn't too far away from the spa. I especially appreciated the larger balcony size of the mini suite after staying in a balcony the previous summer. We took the table in front of the sofa in the cabin out to the balcony and had room for drinks, a plate of snacks, etc.

We stayed in 11062 in 2005. Our daughters were 16 and 18 at the time. They slept on the pull out sofa and it was fine for them. The curtain that pulls between there and the main bed was nice. The room had plenty of storage for 4 of us. The location was great...just one floor up to buffet and pool. I am a light sleeper and was somewhat concerned being under pool deck, but noise was never a problem. I would definitely take the minisuite.

Thank you for everyone's advice. We were able to move up to a mini-suite for no extra charge. I was able to find one with a balcony under other cabins (11056). I am a little concerned about the blank wall directly opposite us but, I think we should be just fine. We are all very excited, not that we weren't before!

OP, you didn't answer my question - what mini-suite you thought didn't have a balcony?

By definition all mini-suites have balconies so I was wondering if you had some cabins mixed or something. :confused:

If you go on the NCL website and make a fake booking on any cruise on the Dawn, cabin 11536 is described as having an ocean view and NOT a balcony. All the other mini-suites available to us had balconies in the description.

If you go on the NCL website and make a fake booking on any cruise on the Dawn, cabin 11536 is described as having an ocean view and NOT a balcony. All the other mini-suites available to us had balconies in the description.

That's just a mistake in that cabin's record on their website. All mini-suites have balconies and have the same properties (with the exception of connecting cabins and HC cabins).

That's just a mistake in that cabin's record on their website. All mini-suites have balconies and have the same properties (with the exception of connecting cabins and HC cabins).

Perhaps that is a risk you are willing to take and more power to you, if you do. I would rather not be disappointed and moreover, my sister and niece because I GUESSED that it was just an error and, after booking the cabin, find out it really isn't an error. I suppose I could have just called NCL but, given that a person will often times get different answers from different people within the line, I just wasn't willing to chance it.

Definitely agree with you, Demonyte. 11536 is a mini suite that has a balcony.

Archived