passports

kaverb

This a fine example of one of the greatest benefits of Cruise Critic - there is always some know-it-all who out there who out of an unwavering sense of duty will jump to your rescue and point out just how wrong you are for making such a foolish comment. Ahhh, the blessings of internet anonymity. :rolleyes:

It appears that the post is self-referencing.

i hate these passports no passport ashore posts as much as I hate tipping posts.

Much like ketchup on hotdogs is a personal choice.

I don't carry my passport ashore unless the country I visit requires it. Primarily because its my opinion that you stand a greater chance of losing it, washing it while swimming or having it stolen than missing the ship....and never ever carry it into Barcelona.

I have seen a concierge take passports from passengers saying leave these with me you don't need them ashore(mine was in my safe at the time).

and if you get arrested the last thing you want with you is your passport(which you will probably never see again no matter what).

I do carry a copy(which has always been fine for duty free and admission to secure places like the American University in Egypt).

but you should feel free to carry yours if you want. I am not going to stop you.

As for opening the safe I have heard it both ways. But since it never has happened to me I can't confirm it one way or another but I believe Bruce...

Archived