Body Wash, no bar soap?

sos1720

BTW, I tried one of those SCRUNCHIES today at home and they seem to work great with body wash/gel.....lots of lather! However, I have a question, how sanitary are they after they are used for a (undetermined?) period of time........how long do you use it before you throw it out and use a new one? I don't mean to be stupid, but I have never used these things and I am sure SCRUNCHIE users out there can give some advice to a novice like me. I would assume a week or less, but.......:confused::confused::confused:

Someone please clue me in, it is obvious I am not knowledgeable on this SCRUNCHIE thing......:)

BTW, I tried one of those SCRUNCHIES today at home and they seem to work great with body wash/gel.....lots of lather! However, I have a question, how sanitary are they after they are used for a (undetermined?) period of time........how long do you use it before you throw it out and use a new one? I don't mean to be stupid, but I have never used these things and I am sure SCRUNCHIE users out there can give some advice to a novice like me. I would assume a week or less, but.......:confused::confused::confused:

Someone please clue me in, it is obvious I am not knowledgeable on this SCRUNCHIE thing......:)

I'm waiting for an answer to your question too. Also wouldn't a wet scrunchie add to the possible problem of mildew forming in a shower? Maybe not, I'm waiting to hear answers too. :):)

I'm waiting for an answer to your question too. Also wouldn't a wet scrunchie add to the possible problem of mildew forming in a shower? Maybe not, I'm waiting to hear answers too. :):)

I've used scrunchies for quite awhile now and have never had a problem with mildew or odour with them. Perhaps it's the material they are made of. A kind of plastic netting.

I ususally use mine for about a month or so and then I replace it with a new one.

Here you go....according to Rachel Ray's doctor about 3 weeks is their life.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/when-should-your-shower-sponge-112291

I've used scrunchies for quite awhile now and have never had a problem with mildew or odour with them. Perhaps it's the material they are made of. A kind of plastic netting.

I ususally use mine for about a month or so and then I replace it with a new one.

Here you go....according to Rachel Ray's doctor about 3 weeks is their life.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/when-should-your-shower-sponge-112291

Thanks! Answered my question :)

Irish Eyes

I have used a "scrunchie" for years with bath gels. Every few weeks, or sooner if I think about it, I wash mine with our bath towels. I do put it in a small mesh laundry bag. It does fine. I think this helps with the issues raised here.

Oh Oh, posted at the same time Divi did. However, I do put it in the dryer. Now you have choices.

Thank you to all for your advice.......I may try the washer thing with the towels first, and if it starts to look, well, you know, nasty......I will pitch it and buy another. They seem to be very inexpensive. I must say, I had never used one, and it does lather up well with bath gel/liquid soap. Much better than a washcloth!:)

Archived