Hello Ruth

2bout2c

I was wondering if you had any info on Volendam cabin 1877. We are concerned about how many drawers and closets. We are hoping there are six drawers, not three shown in some of the photos of inside cabins.

Hi. I saw your post on my roll call, and answered to some extent there. I'll add here, as I'm glad you moved to this forum.

The R-class ships have three drawers in the desk, as well as two under the beds, and the two smaller drawers in each nightstand. The drawers under the bed may have the extra bedding in them, although sometimes the steward stores the extra bedding on the floor of the closets. Personally, I prefer it in the drawers, as I want my long dresses to hang free in the closet, and I can't bend to get to the drawers under the bed anyway.

Your choice!

One closet is right by the desk. The other full closet, and the half closet w/safe, are close to the cabin door, on another wall entirely. That does make it easy when both people want to be getting to their things at the same time.

The bathroom opens directly into the cabin, so using a light in the middle of the night can be a problem. Bring a flashlight, and that problem is solved.

There's no privacy curtain, as there is in the cabins with the oblong shape. The door opens directly into the cabin, with full view from the passageway.

Whenever someone is coming in/going out, be sure to let anyone inside (or potentially inside) know before opening the door.

Those were the only two "cons" I referred to in my other post, but they're worth mentioning, to you can easily work around them.

Thank you, this is our 2nd time to use inside cabins. Last fall we were on the Maasdam and had 6 drawers in the desk and a shorter wider closet on the desk. This worked well for me, I'm short and wide. If I'm using under the bed drawer space, I use my carry on bag as the drawer. It will slide out from under the bed so I can access what's inside.

I'm sure we can make whatever work, we're on a cruise after all.

melissa

Archived