One "tiny" complaint

RhondaC

Our Valor cruise last week was our first Carnival cruise. My biggest complaint was the lack of maps/directions by or in the elevators. All the other ships we have been on have large signs and/or interactive maps near the elevators, and signs inside the elevators, telling you what's on each deck. The only thing the Valor had were itty bitty tiny ships by the elevator buttons, with teensy writing on them, showing "you are here" and some things on each deck. I had to put on reading glasses to read them, and get really close! LOL

Is this the same on all of their ships?

That was, seriously, the only complaint we had all week! (Well, except for those nasty scrambled eggs, but that's a whole different thread). :D

Our Valor cruise last week was our first Carnival cruise. My biggest complaint was the lack of maps/directions by or in the elevators. All the other ships we have been on have large signs and/or interactive maps near the elevators, and signs inside the elevators, telling you what's on each deck. The only thing the Valor had were itty bitty tiny ships by the elevator buttons, with teensy writing on them, showing "you are here" and some things on each deck. I had to put on reading glasses to read them, and get really close! LOL

That was, seriously, the only complaint we had all week! (Well, except for those nasty scrambled eggs, but that's a whole different thread). :D

This is the case for all of the Carnival ship' I've been on. The good news though, is that once you learn the basic layout for each class of Carnival's ships, you can easily navigate the other ships of the same class because they have the same basic layout. Some ships do show what's on each deck on signs just above the doors inside the elevator.

The buffet eggs do take a little getting used to. LOL. If you go to the omelette stand though, they will cook you real eggs to order if you ask. They offer this every morning except the morning of debarkation.

I'm glad you enjoyed Carnival. There's certain things they do that drive me batty too, but I still enjoy my cruises. And Carnival does offer the best value at sea.

Itty bitty signs, really? Should there be wall murals?

I'm glad you enjoyed Carnival. There's certain things they do that drive me batty too, but I still enjoy my cruises. And Carnival does offer the best value at sea.

Yes--we had a fantastic time! We really enjoyed the Valor, so much so, that we're on the Freedom in November! I might bring a microscope....

Yes--we had a fantastic time! We really enjoyed the Valor, so much so, that we're on the Freedom in November! I might bring a microscope....

Both Valor and Freedom are Conquest class, so you should find that Freedom's layout is similar to what you just experienced on Valor.

Have a great time on Freedom! And don't forget to check out the omelette station at breakfast. I like to stop there and ask for eggs over-easy. I like over-medium, but they always seem to overcook a little due to high heat, so I order one level down. LOL.

Valor and freedom should be the same layout. If you have an iPhone you can download an app called ship mate and it has deck plans for all cruise lines and works in airplane mode so you don't have to use Internet.

On a side note i think I may be one of the few who enjoys the scrambled eggs. Lol

Glad you enjoyed your carnival cruise.

Funny scrambled egg story...

DH got the scrambled eggs and poured the biscuit sausage gravy on them. Not knowing there WAS NO sausage gravy! As he's eating, he says, "man, this gravy is horrible!"

It was oatmeal. :rolleyes::p

Would you mind giving us a short review of your whole cruise? I'm on the valor in 44 days and can't get enough of the reviews and pics that people post. I'm super excited!

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

DH got the scrambled eggs and poured the biscuit sausage gravy on them. Not knowing there WAS NO sausage gravy! As he's eating, he says, "man, this gravy is horrible!"

That's why I love going to buffets in major tourist towns like Las Vegas. The tourists who come from countries where the food is very different have the most interesting combos on their plates.:p

Would you mind giving us a short review of your whole cruise? I'm on the valor in 44 days and can't get enough of the reviews and pics that people post. I'm super excited!

I agree.... I love reviews from that itinerary. I have done that route twice both times on the Victory before they traded places in Feb 2013. I also have a review of the valor but on the Western route. You will love that itinerary.

I rarely LOL but this is really funny. Something my DH would do.

I usually just carry around the deck plan they hand you or you can get at guest services. Yeah.. don't like those either. I get eggs done at the omlet station.

One of the maps I got (can't remember the ship-- maybe Paradise) was printed backwards. I had to hold it upside down because forward was aft and aft was forward :eek::rolleyes:

This is the case for all of the Carnival ship' I've been on. The good news though, is that once you learn the basic layout for each class of Carnival's ships, you can easily navigate the other ships of the same class because they have the same basic layout. Some ships do show what's on each deck on signs just above the doors inside the elevator.

The buffet eggs do take a little getting used to. LOL. If you go to the omelette stand though, they will cook you real eggs to order if you ask. They offer this every morning except the morning of debarkation.

Wait, need clairification here..Are you saying that if you go to the omelette station in the buffet you can ask for an omelette made from real eggs? I didnt know that. I know that if you dont say anything, you will get an omelette made with the fake stuff.

I agree.... I love reviews from that itinerary. I have done that route twice both times on the Victory before they traded places in Feb 2013. I also have a review of the valor but on the Western route. You will love that itinerary.

Sure! I'll start a separate thread and call it "short Valor review". Give me a few minutes...

Yes!! Lol! Those signs were super tiny! In fact I didn't even realize what they were until DH pointed them out! Maybe I'm just getting old. :rolleyes:

The signs next to the elevator are VERY small. I can see their point. I've been on many Carnival ships and the sign at the elevator is the same on all of them.

Archived