One "tiny" complaint

RhondaC

Before the cruise we took our parents on, I printed out the deck plans of the ship and gave each of them a copy to look over. By the time we actually got onboard the ship, 2 out of 3 knew exactly where they were going and how to get there. The only instructions I gave them was if it says, "Crew Only" don't go there and if there was a railing blocking their path, don't cross it, the first step is a doozie! For the most part, they did alright. I still carry a copy with me on our cruises since we don't stick to the same class of ship and it helps to refer to it sometimes. DH is already asking where the Italian Restaurant is on Elation. We've been on Elation before and he has already forgotten it was on Magic when we ate there. LOL Guess I'll be printing him a copy of Elation's deck plans. :rolleyes:

We cruise during football season and are football fanatics, being a TV-less family, the few games I see are when we cruise or are on vacation (otherwise radio). On our cruises we board after eating a nice brunch somewhere to avoid the Lido mess, then watch football till 6PM or so ( time out for muster), then we hit the buffet and bed by 8:30 ( we have an 8 year old). Day 2 we wander the ship and I find "My spots", I find a place to relax with a book on a quiet upper deck and an inside spot that is quiet (last cruise on the Legend it was the Enchanted Forest area). By Day 3 of 7, these are "my" spots. The wife and child explore, but I rarely need a map as I become a creature of habit, my book and carry on wine and my two spots. Those places, the buffet ( we avoid the MDR mess and the Lido deck loudness) and occasional trivia games and I am good. In fact, I am not sure after 3 cruises if I ever saw the Spa, Serenity or Shops area ever?

Is this the same on all of their ships?

NO! We were on the Dream several months ago and all I could do was praise how they have EVERYTHING marked. It was wonderful!!! There was no getting lost on this ship for sure!

Stairs? What's up there? Well, just look at the signs

P5160157-M.jpg

You always had lit up signs so you knew what was ahead:

P5100039-M.jpg

Then you always knew where you were at any given time too:

P5100027-M.jpg

I totally loved this since I can never get it right which side of the ship I'm on....

P5160011-M.jpg

Of course these were everywhere by the elevators

P5160136-M.jpg

Just in case you might mistake some of the many doors on the ship and not know this was a bathroom you were passing...they had them lit up as well. lol

P5160158-M.jpg

I have to say this ship was the best "direction" ship that I have ever been on.

Archived